places to visit > something for the weekend - hookups and lifts

Climbing near(ish) Avignon between 8th-20th May

(1/1)

csl:
I'm on a family holiday staying in Laudun l'ardoise just north of Avignon from 8th - 20th May.

I assume it's a very long shot - but if any UKB'ers happened to be in the area and fancy a climb then I'd be keen for a day or two out. I assume it would be far too hot for Seynes/Russan but St Leger or Orgon are both close enough and seems to be plenty of other venues in the area.

Let me know if you are in the area and keen or even if you have any advice for finding any local French climbers to hook up with.

jwi:
If you're on Facebook I'd join a local facebook group and ask. I quickly checked and there's a group called Escalade Avignon!! (the exclamation marks are not mine).

No guarantees that they work, if I'm totally on a loose end I post on those and get a hit about 1 in 3.

Maybe the forum on camp to camp could work, but I would be surprised

csl:
Thanks jwi, I've had a search for the avignon group but facebook doesn't reveal anything for me (perhaps it's been set to private!) but I'll have a search for similar groups.

csl:
Bumping this in case anyone will be in St Léger for the next few weeks and in need of a belayer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version