UKBouldering.com

Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta (Read 1529 times)

CrimpyMcCrimpface

• player
Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 10:58:25 am
Has anyone driven around Paris recently and have an idea of the restrictions? A lot of the info I can find online is conflicting. I wanted to know if one would still require the Crit'Air sticker to drive in Paris on public holidays. Some say its not needed, others that it is, but the seemingly official site doesn't clarify.

Also wondered if there is any way to pick this thing up in person, or use an online-only version. As I'm not certain it will arrive before we drive to France and its likely we will want to drive in Paris on the 7th of April (public holiday in France I think).

What on earth kind of 1990s system is this that it requires your v5 and a physical sticker..

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:12:48 am by CrimpyMcCrimpface »

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 11:10:29 am
Having lived in France for 4 years it never ceases to amaze me how they can take throughly modern ideas and cripple them with manual bureaucracy so frequently! And then finding the relevant info...

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 11:13:14 am
If you are just driving through for a day or two I wouldn't bother personally, the perks of it being a 1990s ass system is that compliance isn't automated. The fine is also only 68 euros. I looked at getting it and it seemed like more hassle than it was worth for the fairly small chance of getting pulled over.

CrimpyMcCrimpface

• player
#3 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 01:09:49 pm
Good point and that may end up being the plan. I would normally be pretty fond of the same strategy but we're going to be a convoy of 3 brit cars so I'm as much concerned for the others..

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#4 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 01:41:28 pm
I have not driven in Paris lately, but I live in the ZFE in Toulouse. My car does not have a sticker.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#5 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 02:51:23 pm
I just did a small non-random sample along the street, about half of the car has a sticker, mostly those you'd suspect not being category 1 or 2.

CrimpyMcCrimpface

• player
#6 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 03:10:45 pm
I just did a small non-random sample along the street, about half of the car has a sticker, mostly those you'd suspect not being category 1 or 2.

Thanks ! A few things to think about..

Bit of an annoying system, I would happily pay several euros online to avoid the stress but the arcane system really doesn't encourage it

Ali

• regular
#7 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 28, 2023, 03:29:22 pm
I applied for one last year and they emailed a receipt out that apparently covers you whilst waiting for the sticker to be posted

Sidehaas

• stalker
#8 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 29, 2023, 10:19:06 pm
I did this last year and it was actually quicker than the website suggested. The sticker arrived in under a week. The process is annoying though I agree.
About to visit La Pedriza and planning a couple of days in Madrid, which has a similar scheme. Completely given up on working out how to get a pass for that sent to the UK, I couldn't find any sensible guidance in English anywhere. We will just park at the edge and get a train/metro or something. Makes the Paris system seem straightforward!

UnkArl

• player
#9 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 30, 2023, 09:47:49 am
I did this last year and it was actually quicker than the website suggested. The sticker arrived in under a week. The process is annoying though I agree.
About to visit La Pedriza and planning a couple of days in Madrid, which has a similar scheme. Completely given up on working out how to get a pass for that sent to the UK, I couldn't find any sensible guidance in English anywhere. We will just park at the edge and get a train/metro or something. Makes the Paris system seem straightforward!
I asked AI (no idea if it’s helpful  ;D)
“ The official website of the Spanish Traffic Authority (DGT) is a government website that provides information and services related to road traffic and transportation in Spain. The website is available in Spanish, English, French, and German.

On the website, you can find information about driving licenses, vehicle registration, road safety, traffic regulations, and other related topics. You can also access online services, such as applying for the environmental badge, renewing your driving license, paying fines, and scheduling driving exams.

To apply for the environmental badge online, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to the DGT website and click on "Environmental Badge" under the "Online Procedures" section.

2. Select your type of vehicle (car, motorcycle, bus, truck, etc.) and enter your vehicle registration details.

3. Choose the type of environmental badge that corresponds to your vehicle's emissions level.

4. Fill in your personal information and address.

5. Pay the fee of €5 using a credit or debit card.

6. Submit your application and wait for approval.

If you have any questions or issues with the online application process, you can contact the DGT's customer service by phone or email. The website also provides a list of authorized offices where you can apply for the environmental badge in person.”

Sidehaas

• stalker
#10 Re: Crit'Air (driving in Paris) beta
March 31, 2023, 07:15:35 am
I asked AI (no idea if it’s helpful  ;D)
“ The official website of the Spanish Traffic Authority (DGT) is a government website that provides information and services related to road traffic and transportation in Spain. The website is available in Spanish, English, French, and German.

On the website, you can find information about driving licenses, vehicle registration, road safety, traffic regulations, and other related topics. You can also access online services, such as applying for the environmental badge, renewing your driving license, paying fines, and scheduling driving exams.

To apply for the environmental badge online, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to the DGT website and click on "Environmental Badge" under the "Online Procedures" section.

2. Select your type of vehicle (car, motorcycle, bus, truck, etc.) and enter your vehicle registration details.

3. Choose the type of environmental badge that corresponds to your vehicle's emissions level.

4. Fill in your personal information and address.

5. Pay the fee of €5 using a credit or debit card.

6. Submit your application and wait for approval.

If you have any questions or issues with the online application process, you can contact the DGT's customer service by phone or email. The website also provides a list of authorized offices where you can apply for the environmental badge in person.”
Thanks!
That definitely sounds a lot easier than I found the reality to be. It's a bit late now to try again but I think we should be able to manage without.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal