the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Pensions, Savings, Mortgages…

<< < (7/7)

stone:
If anyone is thinking of avoiding the fees and using trackers (sensible as far as I could see), then I thought this a useful site for explaining what type of trackers will likely provide what  https://portfoliocharts.com/

tk421a:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on March 18, 2024, 10:56:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wellsy on March 18, 2024, 02:11:26 pm --- which if they do they're pretty unprofessional imo.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure those fees are for transferring not withdrawing?

They are all pretty reputable providers; Standard Life, Aegon etc and they all have a fairly significant fee.

--- End quote ---

SA Chris:
Well, maybe that's where I am getting bum guidance. The advisor I had at the time recommended putting it all in an investment platform (AJ Bell), so I guess that would have meant withdrawing, not transferring, which may be why the fees seemed so bad. I was put off by this at the time, and didn't look any further, maybe I should.

Also expect the advice given wasn't completely impartial.....

tk421a:
For what it's worth, my SIPP is with AJBell.
Their fees were the lowest I found at the time, and the transfer from Royal London and Aviva was straightforward.
Annually the fees for holding my pension is £120, and then there's a dealing charge per time buying shares / funds (£5), which I generally do once a year.

SA Chris:
Good to know, thanks.

Or I just wait for a month until I'm 55, then it all changes.

And there are some changes to regulations on the 4th April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version