UKBouldering.com

Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube (Read 6736 times)

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#50 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 04:31:09 pm
Ding dong i think youve thrown the toys out if the pram here; us grumpy old argumentative bastards are just having a chat. Its debate. Are you not familiar with the forum? I say this because i'm on the fence about this, and generally agree with both views perhaps now I think about it coming down on the side of upload for all to enjoy.

As time goes by I tend not to worry about the petrol money I spent in 2007.

Anyway.

IIRC Rich Heap and or Ben P said they'd sold the rights to Stick It/ Hard Grit lock stock to a distributor for a lump sum; hence why they were available through Sharp edge and Epic TV to rent or download. And those rights holders still exist...(Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Winter Sessions is a different case because Rhys never got permission for the music anyway.

There are a few aspects to this whole thing but it does seem to boil down to simply asking. Since we are a small community and not someone trying to seek to speak to Jay-z.

Do you think in time you could come round to uploading Stonnis Mike, for the greater eyeballs etc....?

While you were typing this comment out I was out sending a 7C. Better way to spend your time than trying to argue with me even though I’ve now taken it all down

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#51 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 04:56:02 pm
While you were typing this comment out I was out sending a 7C. Better way to spend your time than trying to argue with me even though I’ve now taken it all down

If this 7C is one of the ones featured in Stick It then I'm afraid to say that it's probably only 7B+  :boohoo:

Long live the Stick It grades, which no less than double the number of 7C+s I've done!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#52 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 05:36:04 pm
Have been in touch with Rhys. He's going to put Winter Sessions up on his own channel. He was keen to point out that he did get permission for the music used on it.

sirlockoff

• regular
  • god's own rock
  • @sirlockoff
    • Peak district bouldering sends
#53 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 05:48:43 pm
nice one! i always thought it was shame that winter sessions is not easily available (I had to do plenty of research to order it from some obscure germany company for a lot of money (45 euros????), then get a dvd player with an adapter, that was few years ago, I also didn't get any answer from Rhys through YT

regardless I like the movie a lot, especially the fact that it showcases plenty of nice climbs that get very few repeats nowadays: grizzly arete, pats roof, mothers pride
  :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 05:54:51 pm by sirlockoff »

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#54 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 05:52:32 pm
Steep Edge not Sharp Edge  :spank: :P

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#55 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 06:44:38 pm
this thread is fucking hilarious
It's top isn't it. Ticks nearly all the boxes:

• Trying to stop people replying to a discussion.
  • A tirade slagging off the entire forum.
  • Stropping and not re-posting the video even when permission was granted and it was all sorted.
  • Grade boasting as a way to, errrr, resolve the issue.

All it needs now is some heated bitching / kneejerk responses about a false starting position or invalid tick, and then some flouncing and post deletion, and it would be a full house.

Edit: ooooh maybe some political correctness about gender issues or wokery, or god knows what.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#56 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 06:59:40 pm
Ding dong i think youve thrown the toys out if the pram here; us grumpy old argumentative bastards are just having a chat. Its debate. Are you not familiar with the forum? I say this because i'm on the fence about this, and generally agree with both views perhaps now I think about it coming down on the side of upload for all to enjoy.

As time goes by I tend not to worry about the petrol money I spent in 2007.

Anyway.

IIRC Rich Heap and or Ben P said they'd sold the rights to Stick It/ Hard Grit lock stock to a distributor for a lump sum; hence why they were available through Sharp edge and Epic TV to rent or download. And those rights holders still exist...(Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Winter Sessions is a different case because Rhys never got permission for the music anyway.

There are a few aspects to this whole thing but it does seem to boil down to simply asking. Since we are a small community and not someone trying to seek to speak to Jay-z.

Do you think in time you could come round to uploading Stonnis Mike, for the greater eyeballs etc....?

I've shit 7c and you havent done any sat in the really important office of PRS on a wet Wednesday afternoon.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#57 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 07:18:01 pm

Jerry Morefat

• addict
#58 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 07:20:19 pm

Was this on your board? Best to take it down now you've done it I reckon.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#59 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 07:43:36 pm

Yeah as I said above Stonnis and The Seaside will be online for free once I can get some sense out of Vimeo. My account’s trapped in a kind of limbo currently. I have bonus features for The Seaside that I’m planning to post over the spring/ summer too.

I absolutely think that films that have ceased to be commercially viable should be online for free if their creators want them to be and I’m happy to do it with mine.

Neil F

• obsessive maniac
#60 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 07:57:45 pm
That will be great, Mike.  I've never managed to see Stonnis, so will definitely look out for it online.

I hope you post the footage of Fiend on that route under the Crown Mines in Cornwall in the Seaside Extras (Shining Path?).  I bought Seaside a couple of years ago, hoping it would be included in the Extras, but no luck. I was hoping to glean some beta having been down to do the route, only to get chucked off by the National Trust warden.  In fact having established that she was talking bollocks (usual liability nonsense), and securered a written apology, we returned the following year and did the route.  So now it's more academic interest than beta that motivates me...!

Seem to remember attending the launch of Seaside too. Was it in Outside...?

Neil

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#61 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 10:38:36 pm
Thanks Mike. Really looking forward to watching Stonnis again. I can't think of any better climbing footage than of Mark in Gaia.

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#62 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 22, 2023, 11:48:38 pm
For anyone wanting to access the view only film drive, the link is here. You’ll need to request access:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1edtULsmHntpMOfIsa19IN2CHg3JsYEzX

Bradders

• forum hero
#63 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 23, 2023, 09:07:06 am

Yeah as I said above Stonnis and The Seaside will be online for free once I can get some sense out of Vimeo. My account’s trapped in a kind of limbo currently. I have bonus features for The Seaside that I’m planning to post over the spring/ summer too.

I absolutely think that films that have ceased to be commercially viable should be online for free if their creators want them to be and I’m happy to do it with mine.

Stick it on YouTube and maybe get some ad revenue?

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#64 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 23, 2023, 09:17:37 am

Seeing as I can’t find his YouTube channel neither via google nor YouTube search itself I’m gonna hazard a guess that he doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to join the YouTube Partner Program which is the prerequisite to serve Ads on videos.

Bradders

• forum hero
#65 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 23, 2023, 09:20:05 am

Seeing as I can’t find his YouTube channel neither via google nor YouTube search itself I’m gonna hazard a guess that he doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to join the YouTube Partner Program which is the prerequisite to serve Ads on videos.

Shouldn't you be out climbing 7C?

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#66 Re: Winter Sessions Now Up On YouTube
March 23, 2023, 09:21:06 am

Shouldn't you be out climbing 7C?

It’s my day off  :no:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal