places to visit > indoor walls

Standard of indoor bouldering in Japan, according to Mickaël Mawem

<< < (3/3)

seankenny:
But also, they have a population of 125m people and surely one would expect a rich country with a large population to produce high achievers in plenty of fields.

I saw in the news last week that Japanese attempts to make a jet airliner have ended in failure. Perhaps making planes is the wrong sort of perfectionism!

Note that I know bugger all about Japan and I’m quite willing to be wrong, but the basic fact of a large, rich population has to be quite a driver.

jwi:

--- Quote from: seankenny on February 11, 2023, 03:26:44 pm ---
I saw in the news last week that Japanese attempts to make a jet airliner have ended in failure. Perhaps making planes is the wrong sort of perfectionism!

--- End quote ---

Considering that there are only two manufacturer of jet airliners in the world, and one of them would have already failed after building a jet that habitually crashed—if they had not been supported by the richest country in the world, I gather that it is extremely hard to manufacture them.

seankenny:
Well exactly, which is why “dedication to perfectionism” doesn’t strike me as a good answer for success in almost any field. With the proviso that Duncan knows far, far more about Japan and its culture than I ever will.

honroid:

--- Quote from: Fiend on February 11, 2023, 10:01:03 am ---
--- Quote from: jwi on February 10, 2023, 01:03:52 pm ---
--- Quote ---"You ask yourself why they are so strong? For the simple reason that they are always pushing hard", exclaims Micka. "Over there, the hardest boulders in the gym are worth 8C outside. And people work them over and over again [...]
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Doesn't that contradict the 85% efforts protocol?

Also Mickael was much hotter with the tied back braids  :whatever:

--- End quote ---

Depends what your 100% is..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version