UKBouldering.com

Inside Shin pain below knee (Read 489 times)

Dingdong

• forum abuser
Inside Shin pain below knee
February 09, 2023, 10:15:32 am
Hello. I did search for this topic and found 1 thread but there wasn’t really a resolution and it’s quite old.

I recently started feeling pain around my shin just below the knee on the inside of my right leg. Usually this occurs if I heel hook or toe in with my knee at a 90 degree bend. Was wondering whether anyone has gone through this or might have any thoughts as to the mechanism that could be causing this?

Likely an overuse injury/strain but would be good to know what’s causing it so I can begin rehabbing with some stretches and strengthening exercises.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Inside Shin pain below knee
February 09, 2023, 11:35:19 am
Unusual place to get pain, not much there AFAIK, how far below kneecap? Sure you didn't just bash it? Is it sore if you prod or push in the area?

sheavi

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Inside Shin pain below knee
February 09, 2023, 11:41:58 am
Could be referred pain form the knee joint and or connective tissue i.e. (meniscus, ligaments) with the mechanism of pain you describe. Do you have full painfree mobility in the knee? Swelling? Ankle mobility and power painfree? Any pain with resistance of the hamstring tendons? Could also look at pet anserine bursitis symptoms.

Just for starters!

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Inside Shin pain below knee
February 09, 2023, 11:56:30 am
Hey guys thanks for the reply.

The pain is sort of centred in the area just below the kneecap but near the edge of the shin.

It’s totally mobile and pain free, the only I feel it is when doing a heel hook or toeing in with my knee at 90 degrees. If it’s straight I can’t feel it. I can sometimes feel it but not painful when walking up the stairs. It is quite unusual and I’ve never had anything like it before.

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Inside Shin pain below knee
February 09, 2023, 11:57:59 am
Sounds similar to something I've had a fair while back. Tight hamstrings were the culprit. Copious amounts of stretching sorted it fairly quickly.

Plenty of other possibilities though as sheavi suggests

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal