UKBouldering.com

FS: 8x Oak Stronghold Holds, Jugs & Pinches (Read 1270 times)

Rich Armour

• addict
FS: 8x Oak Stronghold Holds, Jugs & Pinches
December 21, 2022, 06:08:16 pm
FS: 8x Oak Stronghold Holds,

4 x chunky Jugs
4x large Pinches

Really nicely made holds, unfortunately being oak they don't like my shed board too much, so should probably go to a better home. PM me for pics.

£40 posted

UnkArl

• player
They don’t look like damp? My garage is very damp in winter…

Rich Armour

• addict
Yeah I've found oak holds tend to absorb a lot of moisture when it gets a bit damp in my shed over winter

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Yeah I've found oak holds tend to absorb a lot of moisture when it gets a bit damp in my shed over winter

Yes, I’ve got a fair few of Rick’s holds and they are the first to absorb moisture. Putting an electric heater on for 30 minutes helps.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
I've got a few Stronghold holds on my unheated shed board. For the first year or so I found they were pretty slick in damp conditions but now they're totally fine. Maybe its something to do with getting engrained with chalk? Perhaps yours would get better with time too?

My problem is resin holds condensing when there's a rapid rise in temperature. In those conditions (like Monday night) I have to climb exclusively on wooden holds,(mix of BM, Crusher, Hardwood, Stronghold and DIY).

Rich Armour

• addict
They're now sold (pending payment).

That's interesting you've found oak holds improve over time though, I guess it must be, like you say, chalk becoming ingrained or something.

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
Interesting

I made a set of whiskey barrel oak holds for my wall with crosshatched grooves in them done with the Dremmel and they are absolutely bombproof, maybe its the aging?

Gaz, i had this issue until i started leaving a wee gap with the window to get the air moving and it helped a lot, still not perfect.

Bradders

• forum hero
Likewise adding some air vents has helped in my shed with moisture, and now I think about it the oak holds may well have improved over the two years they've been up.

A blast from a space heater always sorts it anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal