UKBouldering.com

Toe pulley injury... maybe? (Read 631 times)

User deactivated.

• forum hero
Toe pulley injury... maybe?
December 18, 2022, 08:59:09 pm
I hurt my foot in the summer while surfing. I don't really recall precisely when or how it happened but remember it feeling painful while in chest height water, springing off my toes jumping over the whitewater to get back out.

The next morning I thought I had potentially broken my foot! I never went to the hospital as I assumed it would be pointless, but here we are almost half a year later and it seemed to stop improving after the first few days. The pain is at the base of my 2nd toe on the right foot and it is caused whenever my toes are flexed back, particularly when putting pressure through them. I now naturally walk with my weight either on the outside or inside of my foot to avoid pain.

Surprisingly, it hasn't really affected my climbing, so I've basically ignored it, but it's clearly not getting better. On the basis it hasnt responded to rest and hurts more while flexed, I just had the realisation that this injury seems suspiciously 'pulley-like'. Google confirmed the toes also have pulleys. On this basis I may start trying to load it with some sort of equivalent to density hangs.

The location of the injury feels like it's   - in finger pulley terms - the A1 pulley location. Anyone have experience of similar injuries? Am I likely to damage it further by loading?

dunnyg

• forum hero
#1 Re: Toe pulley injury... maybe?
December 18, 2022, 09:56:08 pm
Sounds like you should see a medical professional? (Good luck....)

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Toe pulley injury... maybe?
December 18, 2022, 10:15:51 pm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal