UKBouldering.com

Scarpa Instinct VS - changed? (Read 1069 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Scarpa Instinct VS - changed?
November 16, 2022, 09:37:37 am
I’ve worn a 42 in these for years and tried a pair on today (in Spain) and they felt much tighter on the Achilles and a bit narrower around the outside of the toe box.

Normally they are pretty comfy out of the box for me and I also put a new pair on a few weeks ago which were fine (bought in the U.K.).

Have these changed in design at all?

A friend mentioned he had recently got some solutions instead after saying he thought the design had changed a bit. But not sure if he was imagining it or knew of some changes.

remus

• forum hero
#1 Re: Scarpa Instinct VS - changed?
November 16, 2022, 10:10:38 am
Haven't noticed any changes myself (bought my last pair around July I think?)

MischaHY

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Scarpa Instinct VS - changed?
November 16, 2022, 10:16:58 am
Bear in mind it's possible your feet are what has changed. I recently (the last year) went up a full half size in shoes across the board after wearing a 44.5 since I was 16. Very bizarre but there we go.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#3 Re: Scarpa Instinct VS - changed?
November 16, 2022, 10:38:03 am
It’s possible I might have changed but a new pair 2 weeks ago felt completely different. Maybe it’s the long rest weekend and time in the sea… I’ll climb for a few days and maybe try them again at the weekend.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#4 Re: Scarpa Instinct VS - changed?
November 16, 2022, 04:05:41 pm
Swollen feet? Did you walk a lot the last few days?

With sportiva shoes, I usually wear 41 in the summer, 40.5 in autumn and spring and size 40 during a handful of glorious cold days in winter (if I am trying something with really bad feet). In the summer my feet are too swollen for 40.5

James Malloch

• forum hero
#5 Re: Scarpa Instinct VS - changed?
November 16, 2022, 04:16:10 pm
Swollen feet? Did you walk a lot the last few days?

With sportiva shoes, I usually wear 41 in the summer, 40.5 in autumn and spring and size 40 during a handful of glorious cold days in winter (if I am trying something with really bad feet). In the summer my feet are too swollen for 40.5

Not too much, not more than normal anyway. Maybe it was just a slightly off shoe.

Normally I wouldn’t try them on, they are just perfect out of the box. But I’ll give them another try tomorrow now we’ve had a day off climbing.

I’d have just assumed it was an odd pair, it was only a friend having a similar thing recently. In the same shop actually, maybe it was the same pair  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal