UKBouldering.com

Sipoo, Finland (Read 1957 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Sipoo, Finland
November 14, 2022, 08:44:05 pm
I've got a few days on a work trip in Helsinki and thought I'd check out Sipoo. Information only seems quite hard to find. I'm mainly looking for the bouldering with One Love (7C+) which I think is the same boulder as the Globalist (8B+). Any knowledge on here?

I came across the info on 27crags (https://27crags.com/crags/sipoo/access) which says access is sensitive which is probably why info isn't easily available. So if you have info and don't want to publish then please DM me.

Is there somewhere in Helsinki to hire pads?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:00:43 pm by unclesomebody »

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1 Re: Sipoo, Finland
November 19, 2022, 06:49:48 pm
I managed to get the info and go to the Globalist today. It's a cool boulder and worth visiting if you're in the area. I don't know if access is permanently sensitive so I won't share info publicly. However, if you want the details of exactly where to park and how to find the boulder then pm me with your climbing cv and a cover letter explaining why you're a responsible citizen.

honroid

• addict
#2 Re: Sipoo, Finland
February 12, 2023, 04:39:50 pm
We have the opportunity to visit Helsinki in May half term. My other half is presenting at a conference there. She was going to go with a colleague but they have had their funding pulled.

Anyway, we both climb and as her accommodation and air fares are paid she's now looking to see if it's worth taking boulder mats and bringing me along. Any good? Would May be climbable?

Hollo

#3 Re: Sipoo, Finland
February 12, 2023, 05:39:17 pm
May is pretty much the best time in general to climb in Finland.

It's worth to take into account that the climbing spots in Finland are rather small and spread out. 27crags is the best way to check stuff in advance.

andy popp

• forum hero
#4 Re: Sipoo, Finland
February 12, 2023, 07:50:41 pm
Also Helsinki and Finland are beautiful, whether or not you get to go climbing.

Lappnor

#5 Re: Sipoo, Finland
March 22, 2023, 07:20:11 am
On the back of the earlier messages -  lots of the good areas are sensitive or "secret" give me a message if you want to go somewhere without the location on 27 crags and if i know it I'll send.

I'm not a big fan of the city bouldering but within an hours drive of Helsinki there is a shit load of good stuff.

+ you can rent pads from boulderkeskus.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal