UKBouldering.com

[Wye Valley] [Huntsham] various new low grade problems (Read 567 times)

Oogachooga

• Definitely not talented at this sport
    • Forest of Dean Bouldering Guide
Hi guys, new here, thought I'd share a few of the new problems at Huntsham in the Wye Valley. I will add some of the others at new areas in the Forest on another thread.

All problems are low grade <f6B+ family fun mostly. Feel free to contact me if you have any queries or want to know info on their locations.

RAINY DAY BUTTRESS *Very esoteric, very loose but worthwhile moves IMO. they will surprise you, I hope!
f6B+ - Where there's Muck there's Brass
Traverses right to left, starting on the pebble undercling. Finishes up 'A boulder for a Rainy Day' (see below)

f6A - A Boulder for a Rainy Day
Start on the low shelf, go up and to a pocket via a cool move. Finish on the jug.

f5 - Pick Pocket
starts on the jug far right of buttress, cool moves through a pocket.

f6B - Suckling on the Teat of Percival
Starts left of 'A boulder for a rainy day' on obvious jug, traverses left via a hard span (warning, foothold broken recently) and up 'Pick Pocket'
https://forestofdeanboulderingguide.blogspot.com/2022/09/f6b-suckling-on-teat-of-percival.html (for reference)

THE BOULDERS AREA (right of Twix etc...)
f4/5 - Within Reach
Fun problem, stand by for a few eliminates. At the top of the larger boulder. Standing start or sit start under the slight overhang, go up and over - beware of the drop to the right!

f5 - The Mind of a Squirrel
Traverses right to left up the arete, just below 'Within Reach'

f5 - Cool Trees
A small boulder right of the above problems.

FINAL BUTTRESS (ironically the first buttress just off the track as it bends)
f4+ - Gecko
Fun problem! Sit start and lunge via a pocket to the top. Top out into the overhang (lol)

f4 - Snapping Turtle
Starts just left of 'Gecko'

Enjoy! Again, let me know if you have any questions on them.

cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal