UKBouldering.com

Oven repair beta (Read 734 times)

crzylgs

• stalker
Oven repair beta
October 25, 2022, 08:10:31 pm
Hi gang - our NEFF oven is playing up and I wondered if anyone here had recommendations for an active online website/forum/community where people might offer useful advice as to if it'd be possible to DIY fix it.

I have posted a thread on ukwhitegoods.co.uk but it doesn't seem all that active.

Haven't had any broadband internet for a week and am about to go in for round two of Google searching but thought I might as well quickly post here in case anyone in the know could point me in the best direction.

Thanks all!

Steve R

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Oven repair beta
October 25, 2022, 09:13:21 pm
UKclimbing.com?  :lol:
YouTube?
Assuming it's electric, normally elements that break down and relatively easy to swap.. is it heating up at all? Got a smart meter by any chance so you can see what it's drawing (if anything) when you switch it on?

crzylgs

• stalker
#2 Re: Oven repair beta
October 25, 2022, 10:20:23 pm
A couple of weeks ago it started acting a little strangely it would randomly 'reset' itself down to 160c (the lowest temp setting it had) but remain on while it was in operation at a higher temp (180-200). You could turn it back up to the desired temp and it'd stay on. So I wondered if it was the control panel/ electronics playing up.

Then one evening It had been used and within an hour wanted to use again and it wouldn't turn on. As you turn the mode selection knob one click to the right for 'fan-oven' mode, nothing happens. Turn it again and most of the other modes grill, fan-grill, bread raising etc all seem to work normally.

Steve R

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Oven repair beta
October 26, 2022, 12:36:17 am
Optimistically, you could hope it's just the connections of the mode selection knob?  Might explain the resetting behaviour and then deteriorating into not turning on at all.  I'd have a poke about at that with a multimeter on its outputs to see if anything was obviously up with it (probably will entail damaging/breaking bits of the thing to gain access).  As frustration mounts, possibly look to 'hardwire' hack/short it out to fan oven mode permanently if that's feasible (and assuming the other modes aren't important to you).  Next stop, get another off gumtree the same size, swap in and throw the old one in the sea or, for added irony, burn it.   UKC geeks probably have some better ideas...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal