technical > photography

Compact camera recs

<< < (2/4) > >>

galpinos:

--- Quote from: Wood FT on October 18, 2022, 09:31:55 pm ---Since I got my last phone my rather fancy Fuji just gathers dust. I'm going to buy a drone.

--- End quote ---

Are you thinking of selling……?

teestub:
Some time around the iPhone 10 I think they must have changed something with the batteries, as they seem way less prone to discharging (or indicating that they have discharged) in the cold.

Obviously a more expensive option than a £30 camera though!

Wood FT:

--- Quote from: galpinos on October 18, 2022, 10:38:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wood FT on October 18, 2022, 09:31:55 pm ---Since I got my last phone my rather fancy Fuji just gathers dust. I'm going to buy a drone.

--- End quote ---

Are you thinking of selling……?

--- End quote ---

When the time comes, I'll post it on here first mates rates. Still umming and ahhing at the moment.

highrepute:
I have same issues with camera batteries not working in the cold as with my phone.

Something like this battery pack to charge it up surely not too much faff?

Johnny Brown:
2005 called, it wants it's thread back. Seriously though phones are great if you want to get decent wideangle pics with no effort and then easily publish them on social media. If you want to do anything else a compact still has advantages. Main issue with phones is they handle terribly in my experience, I've never taken one on a multi pitch for fear of dropping it. A proper shutter button and grip is a must. I would more or less ignore the pixel counts, 10 is plenty. There should be a lot of cheap options on ebay, I'm not up on options but I see my Panasonic LX7 has held value quite well which is a good sign. Battery life has already been good, how many phones could you pick up and use after a six month gap? The main issue with all cameras is the clunk of posting online, I went to Rhoscolyn last weekend, took some pics but haven't even copied them to my computer yet whereas my mates pics were on insta the same day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version