UKBouldering.com

Bristol Bouldering (Read 1710 times)

cofe

• forum hero
Bristol Bouldering
November 11, 2004, 11:20:27 am
yo,

i'm off to me mates birthday down bristol way this weekend and was wondering if theres any bouldering around the gorge (?) or hidden away. reckon we'll try and grab a few hours on satdy or sundy. needs tp be closeish to bristol though.

word?

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#1 Bristol Bouldering
November 11, 2004, 11:28:17 am
Not really mate.  There's Gollums cave, but you'll probably rather put needles in your eyes than go there (Ian Hill's going to be on my case again).

Your best bet really is to go to Under Cover Cock.  I might be there so it won't be all bad. :wink:

cofe

• forum hero
#2 Bristol Bouldering
November 11, 2004, 11:45:00 am
gutted. me mate Will alluded to some bouldering somewhere or other but he enjoys cracks and marathons so i'm guessing his idea of fun is different to mine. :roll:  

didn't realise you were that fella at apremont that day - if i do end up in there (likely) i'll keep em peeled.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Bristol Bouldering
November 11, 2004, 12:09:55 pm
Gollum's does indeed bite a fat one. Bathford is about 45 mins away, but not sure what nick it will be in this time of year, considering how wet its been. Isn't there a topo for Ladye Bay kicking about?

AndyR

• forum hero
#4 Bristol Bouldering
November 11, 2004, 09:52:06 pm
I lived in brizzle for seven years. My advice is to get pissed.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#5 Bristol Bouldering
November 12, 2004, 11:27:05 am
Getting pissed is a wise suggestion.  Bristol has some quality drinking establishments.

Bathford will be totally minging, Ladye Bay is crap (now Jon Kirk's gonna be on my case) (to be fair, none of the bouldering in the area is any good), so a bit of indoor action is probably your best bet.

Big Ron and his team of problem setting elves are some of the best about, so you won't be dissapointed.  It's looking like a Saturday afternoon session for me, so I might see you there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal