the shizzle > board construction FAQs

How to build a campus board

<< < (3/20) > >>

BenF:

--- Quote from: Monolith on July 10, 2007, 11:31:36 pm ---It doesn't end there Ben. My room is quickly becoming a fully fledged training facility in itself. You should see the board I have planned for the coming weeks. You won't stand a chance ;)

--- End quote ---

Come on then! 

I'm currently converting my flat into a mantel training facility whilst Caryl is away.  By the time she returns on Friday I reckon the full 360 degree "mantel rink" will be ready and the stairs will be just a long curved slopey arete with no footholds.  Even having a bath will involve hanging off fat pinches.  You can crimp all you like mate, but slopers is where its at innit like yeah.

chappers:
ive been down to toms house and had supplied him with some propper rungs, lucky because prior to this he had some hideous half cm home made jobs that were impossible to even dead hang  :'( this boy is going to get strong with all this equiptment!

Dave Westlake:
OK guys,  ive got one of these weird style pull up bars that just kind of fit onto the doorway :

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/HealthFitness/Fitness/Powerbar.htm

Does anyone know if either of the following are possible - 1)  attach a fingerboard (and ply backing) to the bar and make it stay in the right place (ie somehow bolt it on and stop it from spinning)

2)  fit a small campus board onto it (like that doorway one mccleods got- theres a pic of it somewhere cant remember where)

the second option sounds similar to what monolith talks about ?  Any photos monolith?? id be interested to see how youve done yours!

cheers, i am the least practically minded person in the world so i need all the help i can get when it comes to such things!

dave

sammm:
does it feel sturdy and secure? Looking at the picture on the website, hangling/clinging to the door frame it looks like it'd come crashing down any second.

Dave Westlake:
yeah its ok - theres a very tiny bit of flex but its fine for doing pull ups

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version