UKBouldering.com

Porth Ysgo Journey (Read 1897 times)

gruff

Porth Ysgo Journey
November 08, 2004, 12:59:11 am
If I'm right, the journey to Porth Ysgo might be cut by a bit, after a decision that's been made.

news item

Dunno whether it's good or bad really. Shame it could come at the cost of some national trust woodland tho.

g

underground

• forum hero
#1 Porth Ysgo Journey
November 08, 2004, 08:16:01 am
I'm not sure either- it sure is beautiful down there.... I can see why it would be a huge bonus for the locals though, it's a huge drag going inland to Rhiw and the other side of the road closure to Porth Neigwl, but it is a nice big (for a B) road down to Aberdaron.

Which reminds me: is there any climbing on the 'fort' by Rhiw radar station?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#2 Porth Ysgo Journey
November 09, 2004, 05:31:34 pm
Sorry lads, I know nothing of any potential on said hill fort thingy. I would imagine that Higg, or Jon Ratcliffe have checked it out though.

I did wonder when the road was going to get sorted out, traffic has been diverted for years. I won't comment on the ethics of it all until I know more (not that anyone would give a shit if I thought it was a good or bad idea. :( )

underground

• forum hero
#3 Porth Ysgo Journey
November 10, 2004, 08:29:30 am
Quote from: "Pantontino"
Sorry lads, I know nothing of any potential on said hill fort thingy. I would imagine that Higg, or Jon Ratcliffe have checked it out though.

I did wonder when the road was going to get sorted out, traffic has been diverted for years. I won't comment on the ethics of it all until I know more (not that anyone would give a shit if I thought it was a good or bad idea. :( )

Funny innit, it looks boss from the road- a bit like Apparent North at Stanage.... Ah well.

I quite like the fact it takes ages to drive anywhere down there-do we all have to be rushing about like mad f*ckers? But then I suppose if you live there and are late for workit's a bit different.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal