UKBouldering.com

Power Club 660 29 Aug - 4 Sep 2022 (Read 3079 times)

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: Power Club 660 29 Aug - 4 Sep 2022
September 05, 2022, 04:22:57 pm
Creag Dubh ...... Extreme Rock ticks.

Speaking of which, check yourself thoroughly for the biting ones. CD has the worst I have ever encountered, due to the feral goats. We did Tree Hee and walked off, I had dozens making their way through the hair on my legs by the time we got to the bottom.

It occurred to me at the time it was probably tick-prone. I did have a check that evening and hopefully survived.

It's reassuring to learn I'm not the only one to fall foul of a Gary Latter approach description (albeit on the approach to a different crag)! Are the approach descriptions more accurate in the new Wired guide? If so, it's probably worth me getting it for that reason alone.

Second time on a different part of this crag and there have been others. A side-effect of an author very familiar with the territory? I've emailed feedback to him only for the errors to be uncorrected in the next edition so I'm less inclined to be polite about it now.

I've only had a close compare and contrast for the Carn Dearg route descriptions (not challenging to write a clear description for the approach) and the Wired seemed a little more precise and detailed.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: Power Club 660 29 Aug - 4 Sep 2022
September 05, 2022, 04:38:55 pm
A side-effect of an author very familiar with the territory?

This, no doubt. And I think in some cases the path shown by a vaguely drawn dotted white line that may have been clear a few years ago is now not as clear as it was following a couple of years of light use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal