Whitehouses- JCB (Read 2762 times)

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
Whitehouses- JCB
August 30, 2022, 09:27:30 pm
Just going to paste my UKC thread here.
(Why are those people so negative?)

The once mighty Whitehouses, now banned. Holds hammered off and a no climbing sign.
Yesterday a JCB was working there, so far the crag is okay. But are they going to destroy it.

BMC, please go back and renegotiate.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/dbpage.php?id=393467

36chambers

• forum hero
#1 Re: Whitehouses- JCB
August 30, 2022, 10:42:59 pm
I was just thinking the other day if they'd be a time in the near future when Whitehouses 2.0 is open for climbing.

This idea kind of relies on the assumption that the entire crag isn't demolished in the meantime :(

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#2 Re: Whitehouses- JCB
August 31, 2022, 07:37:02 am
Where’s all that spoil come from, are they clearing the field to the side for development?

I’ve made my peace with Whitehouses passing, in a similar note I wonder if Snowden is still covered in grease!

abarro81

• forum hero
#3 Re: Whitehouses- JCB
August 31, 2022, 10:37:57 am
Just going to paste my UKC thread here.
(Why are those people so negative?)

As someone removed from this issue, you don't come across particularly well on that thread - you just seem to say "trust me" and imply the farmer was lying. I have no idea if that's true or not, but you hardly made a compelling case, and it's not going to be a good starting point for convincing someone to let you play on their land!

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#4 Re: Whitehouses- JCB
August 31, 2022, 10:40:12 am
Cheers Tim, I'm fairly confident we knew about that one but will double check! We were also investigating a potential stile from the big layby but may not be necessary. I will see where we're up to with it and whether contact has been made with the suspected greaser. 

Bradders

• forum hero
#5 Re: Whitehouses- JCB
August 31, 2022, 02:00:02 pm
Like Tim I've made my peace with the loss of Whitehouses. I can only imagine that with so many holds destroyed (and they really were destroyed) that the remaining climbing would have been pretty limited, especially given the sandy nature of what remained. I know the right hand side was fairly untouched but let's face it that wasn't the bit most people spent time on. It's gutting obviously and it hurts to see it being further vandalised, but I'm not sure there's much more to be done.

Out of interest, you said a JCB was working there; did you try and speak to the driver at all?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal