UKBouldering.com

Classic Boulders with Arbitrary Rules (Read 9287 times)

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
Was planning on going to bed before I found this thread. Oh well...

Oogachooga

• Definitely not talented at this sport
    • Forest of Dean Bouldering Guide
#76 Re: Classic Boulders with Arbitrary Rules
November 13, 2022, 03:26:30 pm
Someone mentioned this could be an interesting thread on the “should we document everything?” Thread so here we go. What are some “classic” boulders with arbitrary rules that would mean they’re not classics by todays standards

Does 'arbitrary rules' just mean 'contrived/eliminate'?  :P

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#77 Re: Classic Boulders with Arbitrary Rules
November 17, 2022, 05:06:28 am
Honourary Caley up the slope also has a rule to stay off the sidepulls next to the crack, but that was ace. I did it in conditions so cold and crisp my mouth was drying out on the walk-up and at one point i cut loose on it (on a slab?!).

is my left hand in the pic below on the sidepull that's 'out' for this? had a quick look and pretty much every vid i found had people using this hold (many with their right hands first for some strange reason)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#78 Re: Classic Boulders with Arbitrary Rules
November 17, 2022, 02:18:22 pm
No.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#79 Re: Classic Boulders with Arbitrary Rules
November 18, 2022, 04:17:40 pm
Honourary Caley up the slope also has a rule to stay off the sidepulls next to the crack, but that was ace. I did it in conditions so cold and crisp my mouth was drying out on the walk-up and at one point i cut loose on it (on a slab?!).

is my left hand in the pic below on the sidepull that's 'out' for this? had a quick look and pretty much every vid i found had people using this hold (many with their right hands first for some strange reason)

Despite having proposed this problem as a candidate, I can't remember for the life of me looking at that picture!! I defer any further questioning to a knowledgeable Stanage resident / slab guru.....oh.....

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#80 Re: Classic Boulders with Arbitrary Rules
November 18, 2022, 11:36:32 pm
Pretty sure it's the ones up and left of his left hand, next to the tick mark, basically on the arete.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal