August 01, 2022, 01:32:51 pm
First link doesn't seem to work?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 01:39:27 pm
Yes, this has been on the access radar for a while. Doesn't look great.

Carliios

#3 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 01:48:19 pm
God damn hippies

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#4 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 01:48:34 pm
Land purchased doesn’t include the crags (Ravensdale, X etc) which are owned by Natural England as far as I can see. How will it affect climbers?

remus

• forum hero
#5 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 01:57:53 pm
First link doesn't seem to work?

Trying swapping cragx for c r e s s b r o o o k (removing the spaces). The forum software auto replaces the text.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#6 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 02:24:41 pm
Thanks Remus!

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#7 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 02:29:41 pm
Can someone who knows a bit more flesh this out? From my reading, it looks like a group of slightly mad eco hippies who want to build an eco community; so far so good. But in doing so they're undertaking illegal groundworks and ignoring stop notices from the NP which is obviously not good.

What happens next? If they ignore the stop notice will they effectively just continue all works until they eventually end up in court?

Edit: The Buxton Advertiser seems a bit less concerned: https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/environment/community-farm-plans-for-peak-district-site-3736642

Is it possible they are simply well meaning hippies who believe in some weird stuff? I'm sort of missing the big smoking gun that says they're planning to totally fuck the land, other than ignoring the stop notices and not getting the relevant permissions which obviously isn't great?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:38:27 pm by spidermonkey09 »

Carliios

#8 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 02:32:27 pm
Can someone who knows a bit more flesh this out? From my reading, it looks like a group of slightly mad eco hippies who want to build an eco community; so far so good. But in doing so they're undertaking illegal groundworks and ignoring stop notices from the NP which is obviously not good.

What happens next? If they ignore the stop notice will they effectively just continue all works until they eventually end up in court?

Seems that way and if they have enough funding they may just be able to swat away any fines that come their way.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#9 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 03:01:35 pm
Some pretty hefty designations they're contravening there. Hopefully the authorities get them in court quick sharp.

If anyone wants to see what an absolute madhead Rachel Elnaugh is then just trip over to her Youtube channel. But be careful of dissonance in the grid and holograms injected into your arms by the Nuremburg Nurses:

Carliios

#10 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 03:10:16 pm
Some pretty hefty designations they're contravening there. Hopefully the authorities get them in court quick sharp.

If anyone wants to see what an absolute madhead Rachel Elnaugh is then just trip over to her Youtube channel. But be careful of dissonance in the grid and holograms injected into your arms by the Nuremburg Nurses:

Christ almighty she is absolutely mad. As soon as I heard the word manifesting it was a done deal. I also hope the courts shut them down ASAP.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#11 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 03:45:47 pm
I nearly posted this earlier but decided it was better on the DL until we'd (BMC access reps) made contact.

Land purchased doesn’t include the crags (Ravensdale, X etc) which are owned by Natural England as far as I can see. How will it affect climbers?

No, it includes Crag X.

https://twitter.com/LynnCroweSHU/status/1553500983828807680?s=20&t=lgc9xqeHaGjaz0lmi5K_EQ

Comments from her youtube channel:
paul mitchell 1 month ago
Hi Rachel. Climbers have visited and loved those crags and trees for  60 or 70 years. I trust they will find no opposition from your  community. You may wish to to talk to the British Mountaineering Council about your intentions for the dale.

Rachel Elnaugh 1 month ago
We come in Peace

We are aware that the 7.5acres of forest to the South of the Ravensdale paddock is classified as SSSI.

We are indeed in touch with Natural England ~  and we have also asked them to confirm whether the trespass on that land (by locals, rock climbers and tourists ~ who have dismantled part of the wall to gain access) should continue to be allowed.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#12 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 03:54:10 pm
Doesn't sound much like 'we come in peace'! I suspect the top of the wall was dismantled and taken for some random's garden wall. Rock climbers rarely struggled to get over 2 foot high walls.

Wellsy

• forum hero
#13 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 03:57:56 pm
Tricky font 4 mantle maybe

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#14 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 03:59:45 pm
Doesn't she know that climbers are Sovereign Citizens who are not subject to trivialities such as so-called "trespass"?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#15 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 04:06:37 pm
I nearly posted this earlier but decided it was better on the DL until we'd (BMC access reps) made contact.

No, it includes Crag X.

https://twitter.com/LynnCroweSHU/status/1553500983828807680?s=20&t=lgc9xqeHaGjaz0lmi5K_EQ

Hi Rachel. Climbers have visited and loved those crags and trees for  60 or 70 years. I trust they will find no opposition from your  community. You may wish to to talk to the British Mountaineering Council about your intentions for the dale.

We come in Peace

We are aware that the 7.5acres of forest to the South of the Ravensdale paddock is classified as SSSI.

We are indeed in touch with Natural England ~  and we have also asked them to confirm whether the trespass on that land (by locals, rock climbers and tourists ~ who have dismantled part of the wall to gain access) should continue to be allowed.

Oh shit. I thought Natural England where the landowners but I guess they were just managing the Dale on behalf of the landowners.

Nice work by Paul Mitchell wading in there  :wall:

Carliios

#16 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 04:15:53 pm
All we need is for the people of cragx to erect a number of 5G masts nearby and that’ll scare them off

webbo

• forum hero
#18 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 08:08:35 pm

No, it includes Crag X.

We come in Peace

Oh shit. I thought Natural England where the landowners but I guess they were just managing the Dale on behalf of the landowners.

Nice work by Paul Mitchell wading in there  :wall:
Mitch is probably a member given his beliefs about 5g causing covid. He’s a regular  flat earther these days.

crzylgs

• stalker
#19 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 08:11:19 pm
Had a brief look at that website... What I really want to know is who on earth is paying her £250 a pop for 'business mentoring'?

Also, we could really use a friendly billionaire benefactor within the rock climbing community who could snap up places like this and protect them for the rest of time under a conservation charity of sorts. Don't suppose anyone would have such a connection?  :lol:

petejh

• forum hero
#22 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 09:27:14 pm
Bear Grylls obvs. He could flog his Welsh island and buy cragx.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#23 Re: cragx Dale
August 01, 2022, 09:44:01 pm
Anyone know how much they paid, could the BMC have afforded some or all of it?

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
#24 Re: cragx Dale
August 02, 2022, 12:45:41 am

No, it includes Crag X.

We come in Peace

Personally find it hard to approach this with an objective viewpoint. Sometimes a small statement (of intent) goes along way and the way, as I see it, she is positioning climbers (and locals!) as outsiders/trespassers is very worrying. I can already see the fences along the stone wall.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal