UKBouldering.com

The Ledge, Inverness- donations needed! (Read 1584 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
The Ledge, Inverness- donations needed!
July 31, 2022, 01:10:05 pm
The Ledge climbing centre in Inverness is finally underway, with the stirp-out of the old unit nearly complete, and building to begin soon. However, according to Duncan McCallum, the person behind the climbing centre, they're still short of close to £150,000 due to increases in building costs.

Not only a climbing centre, the Ledge promises to be a multi-use space for the community, and is a charitable organisation, details of which are on their website.

You can donate here: https://support.theledgeclimbing.com/fundraising/ and even if you're not loca, it would be much appreciate by me if you could donate too, mostly so I don't have to keep twatting my knees on the unsuitable campus board at the Inverness Leisure Centre wall.

The donation process is simple - pick a level of support, and "buy" a panel for the wall!

*please note I have no financial interest, nor am anything to do with the wall, I just want this place to open so I have decent training facilities...

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
I'm really hoping this comes off and we get a shiny modern training facility up here. But can't help but worry that a 150k shortfall isn't going to be filled by crowdfunding from the 'community'. There aren't that many climbers here and all the ones I know are stereotypically penny pinching! It needs a proper investor. Anyone got a rich and benevolent uncle?

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
Not specifically aimed at above facility but what happens if I donate cash and the project gets binned?
Do refunds happen or is it an investment type gamble?
Or do I treat it as a charitable donation ie I don't really expect human rights abuses to end overnight just cause I give to AI? Just musing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:14:51 am by sherlock »

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
It's a good point. On pistes like crowdfunder etc. you usually have pretty obvious Ts&Cs that mean you get it back if it doesn't go ahead. Quick glance didn't throw up anything on this one. You would have thought they'd explain what would happen in that case.

Unless anyone can point to more details I would assume that it's an actual donation. They are a registered charity.

andy_e

• forum hero
Good question, I've no idea either and can't find anything out about it. I'll try and find out more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal