UKBouldering.com

Hot Club 653 11-17 July 2022 (Read 4149 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
#25 Re: Hot Club 653 11-17 July 2022
July 19, 2022, 08:09:44 am
M. Malham. Hot! Bolt to bolt on rose coronary to warm up. Went for a Yosemite Walk onsight but bailed. Wasn’t feeling it and got stopped in my tracks staring at a hold with a cross on it which I wanted to use. Lowered off the perms draw half way. Finished off doing Hartley Hare putting the draws in.

Zora linked most of Rose Coronary which was cool to see. Hopefully get back there when it cools down.

T. Swim at Burnsall

W. Trollers Gill. Thought about trying Jim Grin but someone had draws in Smouldering Globules of Lust 7c and didn’t want to get back on it. I had a bolt to bolt and worked out a sequence and it went next go. Glad I can stick with the quick RPs in Yorkshire too!

T. Drove to Ullswater

F. Little walk around grasmere

S. Quick Boulder at Threshthwaite Cove/Rolling Rock. Didn’t bother with the latter due to the landing and being on my own. Did a nice 7A called The Antelopes Ear and a 7A+ called Thresher. Tried a few others but didn’t manage to work out a few Key things.

S. Walk from pooley bridge.

Was nice to be back in Yorkshire limestone for a change and other than Yosemite Wall I feel like I was going well. Nice scene at trollers too. Keen to get back there soon.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 Re: Hot Club 653 11-17 July 2022
July 19, 2022, 11:50:28 am
Quote from: Duncan Disorderly link=topic=32006. msg662937#msg662937 date=1658141433
someone had decked out and MR were all over the place (hope the guy is okay, fell the length of the back wall by all accounts - was conscious and talking when MR arrived)...

Wowzers that’s a sizeable fall.

Innit... Under Fuck Your Gods/Long Black Veil (not sure which) and the landing is shocking! Hopefully the chap is okay, sounded like his belayer may have dropped him so I'm sure she'll be struggling too... Not seen owt on the MR sites re. what the outcome was but they were all over the scene and professional as always - given me a kick up the arse to donate some cash...

A recent update from Derby MRT suggests a remarkably positive outcome.

Neil F

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: Hot Club 653 11-17 July 2022
July 19, 2022, 12:35:54 pm

Wow, that's amazing, though it sounds like an out of control lower (or catch).   You aren't going to walk out after free falling the height of Long Black Veil.  Best for a speedy recovery to everyone involved, and make sure you get back on that horse just as soon as you feel ready... :)

As someone who has had the sobering experience of being stretchered out of ML (after breaking my hip pulling off a big block), I can confirm the efficiency and professionalism of Derby MRT.

Neil

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#28 Re: Hot Club 653 11-17 July 2022
July 19, 2022, 02:47:02 pm

Wow, that's amazing, though it sounds like an out of control lower (or catch).   You aren't going to walk out after free falling the height of Long Black Veil.  Best for a speedy recovery to everyone involved, and make sure you get back on that horse just as soon as you feel ready... :)

As someone who has had the sobering experience of being stretchered out of ML (after breaking my hip pulling off a big block), I can confirm the efficiency and professionalism of Derby MRT.

Neil

That is incredible! I'm really glad he's okay...

I didn't witness the fall but did hear the scream (actually thought it someone dropping a redpoint  :-[) Eyewitnesses did say he slowed half way before picking up speed again and decking which may well have saved his life (or back) which supports your assessment...

Has fortified my resolve to wear a lid and use a grigri (or similar) when sport climbing though...

JohnM

• junky
#29 Re: Hot Club 653 11-17 July 2022
July 20, 2022, 02:52:57 pm
4-10 July

M - Rest

T - Trail run 12.49km +340m

W - Rest

T - Trail run 18.55km +949m

F - Indoor routes - mostly failing up to 7c.

S - Trail run 25km +1,797m

S - Climbing at Spachen - crappy humid weather. Failed on the hardest 6c+ in the world Super Crack! Tried an awesome 8a I had tried before (Johnny Walker). Went pretty well but struggled to make big links. Tried a 7b+ but had crappy bolting so backed-off. Finished on a 6c.

11-17 July

M - Rest

T - Rest

W - Trail run 7.62km +260m

T - Drive to Grindelwald

F - Resting

S - Eiger Ultra 101km +6,700m. Ran a really good first 50km but then the heat got to me and I started puking. Managed to finish but the last 25km was really slow as I couldn't keep anything down. 

S - Bit of swimming.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal