the shizzle > the log pile

Topic split: Wright grovel

(1/4) > >>

andy moles:
I'm after enjoying an Instagram reel about a Significant First Ascent at Reiff called 'A Wright Grovel', E5 6a. Destined to be a future Reiff classic, apparently.

Turns out it's actually a one-star E2 that was climbed in 1989, called Excellence by Design, which is in the guidebook and everything. Still, don't let facts get in the way of a good reel, eh?

It has now been deleted  :ninja:

abarro81:
 :lol:

Bonjoy:
Similar thing happened a few years back in Dovedale. Video of a hard new extreme, complete with full headpoint and tied down spotter. Turned out to be a VS from 1979.

CapitalistPunter:

--- Quote from: andy moles on July 08, 2022, 09:34:32 pm ---I'm after enjoying an Instagram reel about a Significant First Ascent at Reiff called 'A Wright Grovel', E5 6a. Destined to be a future Reiff classic, apparently.

Turns out it's actually a one-star E2 that was climbed in 1989, called Excellence by Design, which is in the guidebook and everything. Still, don't let facts get in the way of a good reel, eh?

It has now been deleted  :ninja:

--- End quote ---

Mistakes happen. You say that as if he was posted the reel for ego rather than as his job

andy moles:
Mistakes do happen, and sometimes they're funny.

Not sure where you get the ego interpretation from, the jokey sarcasm of 'dont let facts get in the way' makes just as much sense in reference to someone not doing their 'job' very well, i.e. not checking the guidebook for an obvious line at a well developed crag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version