UKBouldering.com

Wanted: old size 9 or 10 climbing shoes. (Read 1824 times)

Nike Air

• forum abuser
Hiya.

Anyone got any old and battered 9s or 10s they no longer want?

Got someone who wants to start but all my pals don't have such huge feet....  ;D

Obviously will pay postage etc..

Jordan B.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
I've got pair of Magos in 43.5, was probably going to chuck them. Most likely will put your mate off for ever.

Resoled once and worn through those.

Nike Air

• forum abuser
STOP PRESS...

Naomi says I'm going to cripple him with my eager downsizing. :chair:

Preferably 10.5 (44eu).

And more battered the better.
The shoe.. Not me

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I have a pair of climbing shoes like slippers (not the good kind) that were given to me, but never worn, I can check size.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
I'm a street shoe UK11 (EU46); currently going spare are:

La Sportiva: Pythons EU42.5 and Solutions EU42.5 (Sportiva sizes are massive - probably equivalent to bagged-out Scarpa EU44)
5.10 (pre Adidas): Anasazi VS EU44.5 and Dragon EU45 (resoled)

Nike Air

• forum abuser
I'm a street shoe UK11 (EU46); currently going spare are:

La Sportiva: Pythons EU42.5 and Solutions EU42.5 (Sportiva sizes are massive - probably equivalent to bagged-out Scarpa EU44)
5.10 (pre Adidas): Anasazi VS EU44.5 and Dragon EU45 (resoled)

Cheers chaps for the replies.

Luke the Anasazi VCS could be the ticket, probably more forgiving for a beginner with the lack of rubber over the toes.

Wanna PM when you need the address and also give me some payment details?

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
If this doesn't work out Jordon, Ive a pair of 510 Ascents, used in dolys a few times but in good nick, They'll probably not get used anytime soon/again so would let them go for a good cause. I'm a street 9 and I climbed in these with a pair of chobber mountaineering socks.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I have a pair of climbing shoes like slippers (not the good kind) that were given to me, but never worn, I can check size.

they are these

http://www.outdoorreview.com/product/product-archives/outdoor-equipment/climbing-mountaineering/rock-shoes/one-sport-climb-high/roxygen.html

And size 9 so probably too small but i will never use them. Reviews are not glowing

Nike Air

• forum abuser
Again thanks everyone. V kind.
Luke the boots today arrived and they are spot on.

I'll take him to witches quarry on our lunch break from cleaning windows when we are next in the area 👍

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Again thanks everyone. V kind.
Luke the boots today arrived and they are spot on.

I'll take him to witches quarry on our lunch break from cleaning windows when we are next in the area 👍

Good stuff... although I guess the proof will be when he actually wears them in anger!

Nike Air

• forum abuser
So day one in the hand me down boots went well. Took him to witches quarry after we'd finished working locally and I put up some top ropes for him.
Did did two HS's and then did a VS with too much fuss. He's never done any sport to speak of. Closest he's got is window cleaning with me!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Strong start!  Which shoes did he get on best with - any of mine?  Be nice to hear that my having clown sized feet is contributing to the greater good! 

Nike Air

• forum abuser
He rocked the Anasazi Vcrs, they seem the roomier of the two and comfy enough to not put him off for life.
I can imagine him going onto the Pythons when he's on E4s in the next month!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
He rocked the Anasazi Vcrs, they seem the roomier of the two and comfy enough to not put him off for life.
I can imagine him going onto the Pythons when he's on E4s in the next month!

What have I helped unleash? Yet another power-monger making me feel tired, weak, and old at the crag! Glad to hear it!

I had abandoned the Pythons for a while but briefly tried them before putting them in the post, and had a really good session at the Depot.  The toe-tips are now a bit thin for anything edgy but for indoors / smeary grit they are probably better than any of the shoes I have kept.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal