UKBouldering.com

BMC Peak Area meeting - Tuesday 5th July 7pm (Read 3432 times)

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Hi all,

The next Peak Area meeting is on Tuesday 5th, Bamford Village Institute, 7pm.

Highlights will be chip butties (but bring your own drinks), some important access updates, updates on the ORG, and Percy Bishton as the post-meeting talk. I've been told he has a collection of very entertaining and funny annecdotes from the Olympics, so well worth coming down for.

Cheers, Andy
Peak Area chair

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
It’s ODG now  ;)

Rob Dyer (BMC Access Officer England) handed his notice in a couple of months ago but not seen a job advertisement for his replacement. I asked on the BMC watch FB Group why there was a delay but got no response. In some ways this is the most important job at the BMC for the Peak Area. I’m guessing no handover period with Rob is now possible and a period when the post will be vacant unless some internal shuffling is planned.

Carliios

No wonder we’re losing access left right and centre, they need to pull a finger out and get this sorted asap :chair:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I had assumed DT's Head of Access role no longer being combined with CEO might fill the gap, whether temporarily or permanently. But I've no idea how his time is taken up in actuality.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
DT also now down to 4 days a week according to staff list

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
On Facebook BMCwashing: Dave T Says the adverts were delayed while they agreed two roles to replace Robs old role (a FT access and conservation role for England; and a contractor role to cover the Land and Property management) and that he  (Dave) will be providing interim cover. I wish Rob the very best  ... he has been brilliant over the years.

Dave's new role was 4 days a week from the start.

reeve

• obsessive maniac
It’s ODG now  ;)

Lol oops   :)

On Facebook BMCwashing: Dave T Says the adverts were delayed while they agreed two roles to replace Robs old role (a FT access and conservation role for England; and a contractor role to cover the Land and Property management) and that he  (Dave) will be providing interim cover. I wish Rob the very best  ... he has been brilliant over the years.

Dave's new role was 4 days a week from the start.

The job adverts for both are out now: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/bmc-jobs
Fully agree with how good Rob D has been, very highly thought of by all the access reps I know too.

No wonder we’re losing access left right and centre, they need to pull a finger out and get this sorted asap :chair:
As Rob D is still in post for another three weeks, I can't see how him leaving can be the cause for any recent access problems. Not to play-down the help Rob has offered (especially with some of the more complex or time consuming access negotiations), the majority of access work in the Peak is done by volunteers, so I'm struggling to understand your point.

galpinos

• forum hero
......., so I'm struggling to understand your point.

It's easier to blame the BMC than to take collective responsibility.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Sorry can’t make this evening.

Can someone ask the NC reps on my behalf how the 3 year review of the Climbing Competition Performance Group is progressing and whether a more detailed breakdown of where the Sport England grant monies are being allocated is now available (something promised by the CEO at the AGM).

Thanks.

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Sorry can’t make this evening.

Can someone ask the NC reps on my behalf how the 3 year review of the Climbing Competition Performance Group is progressing and whether a more detailed breakdown of where the Sport England grant monies are being allocated is now available (something promised by the CEO at the AGM).

Thanks.

Hi Simon, I was just messaging Sam Harris, the members council rep, so told him you have this question. He doesn't have an answer at present so will ask at next week's MC meeting.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Thanks Andy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal