UKBouldering.com

Topic split - I know something you don’t 🧐 (Read 10412 times)

CapitalistPunter

• addict
Fiend - regarding the 'sick toy soldiers' - will you be getting involved in the painting of said soldiers? ;)

He can't wait to shove them up his arse and tickle his own prostate.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
I spoke to someone at a beer festival on Friday who might have been going to belay someone really strong on something really hard in the Lakes at the weekend!

36chambers

• forum hero
this is turning into a PR disaster.

If the wad would like to maximise consumer engagement then spamming insta with #myJourneyTo8C 4 times a day starting from whenever they are older enough to have an account is still the tried and tested most successful way to do it. Even better if they are struggling with 6Bs at the beginning. It's all about #theJourney and #IveJustDoneAn8CButGradesArentImportantToMe

If he would like to maximise dark horse points, a valiant pursuit if I do say so, then obviously the coolest thing to do would be to do an 8C and tell literally no one. That's what I do, or don't do, it's all a mystery really...

crzylgs

• stalker
I spoke to someone at a beer festival on Friday who might have been going to belay someone really strong on something really hard in the Lakes at the weekend!

Absolute novice. You mentioned the region involved. Ruined all the excitement and build up for me.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Will that be one of those really hard Lakes ascents that's a ground-up onsight attempt (* after previously aiding the route then down-stripping it)??

Wellsy

• forum hero
A certain designer maybe who used to be with a big player company might have a sick toy soldier line to drop soon, once he's got the character models wrapped up.... :wank:

That sounds pretty good actually

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
this is turning into a PR disaster.

If the wad would like to maximise consumer engagement then spamming insta with #myJourneyTo8C 4 times a day starting from whenever they are older enough to have an account is still the tried and tested most successful way to do it. Even better if they are struggling with 6Bs at the beginning. It's all about #theJourney and #IveJustDoneAn8CButGradesArentImportantToMe

If he would like to maximise dark horse points, a valiant pursuit if I do say so, then obviously the coolest thing to do would be to do an 8C and tell literally no one. That's what I do, or don't do, it's all a mystery really...

To maximise number of followers our incipient hero must be a) good looking or b) climb really hard (most preferably both). However, to maximise engagement they must c) write words and d) be nice.

Source: Roccapriore, A. Y., & Pollock, T. (2022) I Don’t Need a Degree, I’ve Got Abs: Influencer Warmth and Competence, Communication Mode, and Stakeholder Engagement on Social Media, Academy of Management Journal

Sorry for bringing this important thread off topic. Frightfully sorry, really.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
Ok if there was a message I’m sure it’s either been received or ignored by now.

Log pile or this will turn into a thread about how shit this thread is.

Doylo

• forum hero
A certain wad has built up a very impressive ticklist. They will come out with it once they climb 8C so I shouldnt say anything else. Why'd ya spill yer beans?

Varian?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
It's actually me. But I'm not going to tell you what any of things I've done are, or provide any evidence, until I've climbed 8C.
(Which could be a while because I'm actually an overweight, under-trained, 40-something year old father of two without the time or energy to put into climbing 7C right now, let alone 8C)

CapitalistPunter

• addict
It's actually me. But I'm not going to tell you what any of things I've done are, or provide any evidence, until I've climbed 8C.
(Which could be a while because I'm actually an overweight, under-trained, 40-something year old father of two without the time or energy to put into climbing 7C right now, let alone 8C)

I'm rooting for you

CapitalistPunter

• addict
Good topic split. The nudge-nudge wink-wink l'm-in-the-know non-news hint-wanking nonsense can find it's true place along side Bring Out Your Dabs and Tickmark Hall Of Shame  :chair: :2thumbsup:

For reference I wasnt the one that split the topic and it was not intended to be a brag that I know about something secret. I was excited to share what I heard my friend had done, although as I said beforehand in an earlier post before I obviously should have waited.

Hopefully when it all comes out there will be something interesting to talk about. Maybe the days of the G are coming back, maybe not.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Just FYI, someone very good has done something very hard that might have a very big number attached to it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal