the shizzle > news

Significant First Ascents

<< < (104/106) > >>

lukeyboy:

--- Quote from: jwi on May 06, 2024, 04:18:13 pm ---Aubin Salmon has done Nirvana, an old highball project in Puiselet that has been tried by a few enthusiasts over the years. Guillaume Joubert has already top-roped the prow a while ago at a suggested grade of 8A+ with a precarious 7B mantelshelf sequence to top out.

Source: Grimper Magazine (photo Declerck/Bévillard

HVS 7b?

--- End quote ---

That looks terrifying!

remus:
Doesn't sound like a typical headpoint experience either.

--- Quote ---I knew I wasn’t ready. I estimated my chances of falling at around two out of three, which is not enough for a block of this type. Plus, even though I had unlocked the moves, I hadn't yet managed to rope from the ground. At the same time, I was also afraid of not finding the motivation to start the process from scratch next season. I had 20 crash pads and two good spotters with Fabien and Simon. We placed them at the foot of the boulder, and I told myself that a fall in the main crux would be scary but probably not dangerous in the event of a good save. As for recovery, I knew how to do it, I just had to trust myself. So I decided to give it a try.

--- End quote ---

joe-m:

--- Quote from: jwi on May 06, 2024, 04:18:13 pm ---Aubin Salmon has done Nirvana, an old highball project in Puiselet that has been tried by a few enthusiasts over the years. Guillaume Joubert has already top-roped the prow a while ago at a suggested grade of 8A+ with a precarious 7B mantelshelf sequence to top out.

Source: Grimper Magazine (photo Declerck/Bévillard

HVS 7b?

--- End quote ---

looks class, fair play that looks high!

jwi:

--- Quote from: remus on May 07, 2024, 07:47:14 am ---

--- Quote ---I knew I wasn’t ready. I estimated my chances of falling at around two out of three, which is not enough for a block of this type. Plus, even though I had unlocked the moves, I hadn't yet managed to link it on toprope. At the same time, I was also afraid of not finding the motivation to start the process from scratch next season. I had 20 crash pads and two good spotters with Fabien and Simon. We placed them at the foot of the boulder, and I told myself that a fall in the main crux would be scary but probably not dangerous in the event of a good save. As for the mantel, I knew how to do it, I just had to trust myself. So I decided to give it a try.

--- End quote ---

Very lightly edited because current LLMs don't recognise climbing context.
--- End quote ---

andy popp:

--- Quote from: Bradders on April 11, 2024, 09:51:33 am ---Keenan Takahashi has made the first ascent of The Gold Standard on the Golden Boulder in Bishop. This feels pretty significant; proper LGP stuff. The face was originally climbed by Sonnie Trotter and named Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, and so named because one literally had to stand on a partner's shoulders to reach the start holds. What a line!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5loYhuJAz4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

--- End quote ---

Now with particularly nice film:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version