the shizzle > news

Significant First Ascents

<< < (2/104) > >>

Duma:
Is this the thing Squire has been trying?
What happened to Ache Ball Grant?

remus:

--- Quote from: Duma on June 17, 2022, 08:36:20 am ---Is this the thing Squire has been trying?

--- End quote ---

I think Squire's thing is more in the roof proper (kinda to the left of kraken if you're looking in to the cave). I've not been though and this is all just based on IG pics so take it with a pinch of salt.

BrutusTheBear:

--- Quote from: Duma on June 17, 2022, 08:36:20 am ---Is this the thing Squire has been trying?

--- End quote ---
Ache Ball died :wavecry: quite a long time ago, still gets logged on UKC every now and then though.  It should start on a double undercutty ish feature low on the arete making a hard move right hand into the crimp on the overhanging face.  This start has simply fallen off and therefore impossible.  It has also developed a big hold near the arete that makes it much easier to move to the 'jug' on the overhanging face.  People are starting right hand in the crimp and using the new extra hold (why wouldn't you), around 6b this way..the original 8a/7c+ problem is simply not possible anymore.

BrutusTheBear:
The ever fluctuating beach levels can confuse things also.

JAWS Starts to the right of Acheball and goes out to the lip through the steep twin crackish feature above it, here's Solly on it, you can see his feet on the Acheball 'jug'.  https://www.instagram.com/reel/CewH4q0jh6r/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I think Megalodon shares the finish of Jaws but starts from a designated hold deeper in the cave.  I was there when Solly was trying it but wasn't really paying much attention to what he was doing, a ladder was required to access the moves that day...apparently at the moment you can reach everything off the ground (that could change overnight).

andy moles:
Be cool if this thread was used not just for hard ascents but also new things of significant quality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version