UKBouldering.com

Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022 (Read 4849 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 01:47:13 pm
Not much happening on our rest day so thought I’d kick this week off.

M. Managed to RP Médecine Douce 6c+ at Cascade putting the clips in. Totally not my style so happy to get it. Felt hard but okay. Top Roped it after to get the clips out - felt easier not clipping, but also didn’t rest on that attempt. Went across to Berlin and tried to onsight* Petite Illusion (7a+). Dropped it going for the jug before the last bolt of easy climbing. Fell a few moves lower on the Red Point. Tired after 2 days walking/climbing.

T. Rest day

W. Rest day

T. Skipped Cascade and went to Demi-lune in the afternoon. Did Katina 6a, Harley Davidson 6b+ and Espranza 7a+ (2nd go). Nice to easily get the latter after failing 9 years ago. Got back to the van as the rain arrived.

F. Rest day. Swim in the lake and generally lazy.

S. Grande Face. Tried to onsight Ange 7a but went the wrong way between the last few bolts. Went easy next go. Did a 6a+ a few lines down and tried a 7c+ called Elle va où Elle Veut. Draws were in and a friend had the beta so no pressure. Managed to onsight to the crux but then rested on the bolt. Got the crux beta but was tired and it felt hard. Slopey crimps weren’t doing it for me. Would be keen for another go if we’re back in that sector as it was only the one bolt of hard climbing which posed a problem (apparently the top is fine). But I think I’ll probably got for a 7b+ or 7c instead (maybe Galaxy on Berlin? The Only one logged at the appropriate right grade on UKC!). If I manage Petite Illusion on Monday…

S. Rest day
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:11:14 pm by James Malloch »

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#1 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 03:04:57 pm
Do not underestimate the top of Elle va... At least, check it out carefully. I came pretty close to falling, despite hiking the crux. I thought the nearby route Les Petits Princes de l'absurde was an easier proposition for 7c+. (I wasn't in the best of shapes but still)

Duma

• forum hero
#2 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 06:41:27 pm
M - am sleep off nights. pm UCR, circuits. Attempted ancap but fucked it up, my 15 move boulder was way too easy and I was using 1:1 work rest ratio instead of 1:2. Did 5 reps, pretended it was an extended warm up... Discovered there's nothing hard enough on the circuit boards for ancap so did aeropow instead, 30 move circuit, 1 min on 1 min off x 10, failed on last lap. Satisfyingly destroyed afterwards. 2 min plank with variations and press ups.
T - Poor sleep, didn't get up till midday. Run, 4k, pavement, gentle pace, didn't time it. Left ring finger tweaky
W - 2 min plank. Felt groggy all day, fell asleep on the sofa for an hour. poor sleep again overnight - 3hrs at best
T -  8 hr shift. Knee feeling really odd and unstable for some reason, maybe the terrible night? Eve session, Cheddar, the Wave. Mate still on Bursting. Broken from lack of sleep but only chance to get out this week after partners had to bail on Mon and Weds. Scraping the barrel a bit now, did Grope the Slope 6c to warm up, terrible choice and terrible route, even by wave standards. Got horribly flash pumped but scraped up it. Then attempted the neighboring 7a+ Crystal Gale, dirty crimping up the eponymous crystals. Blew the OS, but found a hold, lowered off and did it straight after. Then nipped up to the Tsunami for Joyride, one of my "all the cheddar 7a's" list. This was brilliant, best route I've done in the gorge I think. Great rock, fun climbing, lovely positions on the top slab, generous grade, get on it! Sure there may be better things on Spacehunter or Sunset Buttress, but it's ridiculous that crap like Raw Deal or The Minstrel get so polished when this is only a hundred yards away.
F - 12 hr shift. Knee much improved.
S - 12 hr shift. 2 min plank with variations and press ups.
S - 12 hr shift. 2 min plank with variations and press ups.

71.5 kg
2022 plank total 149 min

Wood FT

• forum hero
#3 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 07:07:02 pm
Not much happening on our rest day so thought I’d kick this week off.

M. Managed to RP Médecine Douce 6c+ at Cascade putting the clips in. Totally not my style so happy to get it. Felt hard but okay. Top Roped it after to get the clips out - felt easier not clipping, but also didn’t rest on that attempt. Went across to Berlin and tried to onsight* Petite Illusion (7a+). Dropped it going for the jug before the last bolt of easy climbing. Fell a few moves lower on the Red Point. Tired after 2 days walking/climbing.

T. Rest day

W. Rest day

T. Skipped Cascade and went to Demi-lune in the afternoon. Did Katina 6a, Harley Davidson 6b+ and Espranza 7a+ (2nd go). Nice to easily get the latter after failing 9 years ago. Got back to the van as the rain arrived.

F. Rest day. Swim in the lake and generally lazy.

S. Grande Face. Tried to onsight Ange 7a but went the wrong way between the last few bolts. Went easy next go. Did a 6a+ a few lines down and tried a 7c+ called Elle va où Elle Veut. Draws were in and a friend had the beta so no pressure. Managed to onsight to the crux but then rested on the bolt. Got the crux beta but was tired and it felt hard. Slopey crimps weren’t doing it for me. Would be keen for another go if we’re back in that sector as it was only the one bolt of hard climbing which posed a problem (apparently the top is fine). But I think I’ll probably got for a 7b+ or 7c instead (maybe Galaxy on Berlin? The Only one logged at the appropriate right grade on UKC!). If I manage Petite Illusion on Monday…

S. Rest day

May I suggest Makach Walou for a 7c+? Fantastic and not stern for the grade like seemingly everything else on Berlin. Perfect power endurance

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#4 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 08:54:10 pm
Thanks James. Enjoying the Ceuse stories. On my list of dream crags to go to.

Mixed week. Yin & Yang.

Monday
Did fingerboard session at home.
Did some half crimp lifts with 20kg kettlebell & lattice edge.
10s hangs
BW plus 2.5 kg
BW plus 2.5kg
BW Plus 5kg
BWPlus 7.5kg
BW Plus 10kg.
BW plus 14kg

Finished off with a 45min Power Zone ride on the Peloton

Tuesday

There wasn’t anyone going to Awesome Walls so I went to the School. Had the goal of sending VV Victoria 6b+. I tried on the previous Saturday.

Warm up problems 3min rests.
✓ Svartpump (2017)
✓ Christian Wars 1.1 (2017)
✓ French Fricteure (2017)
✓ Easy peasy 2 (2019)
✓ Warm up problem (2019)
✓ Can’t crimp won’t crimp (2016)
✓ Tall Man (2016)
All flashed. Felt great in the warm up.

Project Session.
✓ VV Victoria 6b+ 3rd try. Took timed 4-5min rests between goes. Hardest problem I’ve done on the Moonboard to date. I think it’s 6b, not 6b+. A rare softy on the 2019.
Had a sore ring finger after doing it. Felt a bit tender after Saturday. Didn’t feel anything on Sunday or last nights hangs. But got sore after doing this problem. I think it’s from the big pinch A11.
Time to rest it for a few days and ice it. Hopefully it heals quickly or I get the call for my operation.

Wednesday -
Rest day

Thursday - rest day

Friday -
Rest day.
Call from hospital. Arthroscopy booked for next Tuesday at 7am.

Saturday -

Conditioning – 3min rests between reps
4×3 tuck pull ups
Bench Press
1set of 8 bar + 30kg (50kg)
3sets of 8 bar + 40 (60kg)
Pull ups
6 body weight
Pyramids BW plus 8kg 3min rest.
6,4,2,1,2,4,6 this was the right intensity.

Overhead press (standing)
1sets of 10 bar only
3 sets of 8 30kg

Sunday.

Had a good day at Stoney West with the Chief. Not been since 2020.

Had in my mind to do a 6c called Satisfaction along with doing a bunch of easy routes I’ve not done before.

I was keen to see how my finger would fare. I tweaked my A2 pulley at the School on Tuesday. I taped it before climbing.
Did these routes as warm up;

A Time and a Place. 6a. Thought this was more a 5+. Done before.

Got it Wrong. 6a. This felt more like a trad route on bolts. Not very pleasant.

No Finer Place. 6a. Enjoyed this, was much better than it looked.

Shake, Rattle and Roll. 6b. Did this first go, notable step up in difficulty. Had to engage a bit of pulling. Done this before. 

I felt warmed up now. Time to try harder routes.

Flip Over. 6b/6c. Depending on which guide you look at. I thought it’s around 6b+. Flashed this after Chief debated on it and then did it. I felt very confident on flashing this. Just a 2 move crux as soon as you pull on.

Satisfaction. 6c. Chief went first put the draws in.  I felt confident of the flash but messed my sequence at the start. I worked the crux sequence twice and then came down and rested for 5 mins. Then pulled on climbed to the belay.

Very pleased with how it went. As specially with a tweaked finger and injured knee. That said the knee felt good today.

The lower off for Satisfaction is the same for Don’t Talk To Strangers, 6c. Reputedly hard for 6c. Taking advantage of having a top rope, we tried it at the end of the day. It felt hard and sustained. I thought this was a good 6c+. Definitely a full grade harder than anything we’d been on today.

I would like to go back and have another session on this. I don’t care if it’s under graded. I think in terms of difficulty, it’s good & sustained. It’d be a good tick to get.

Got the knee operation on Tuesday, so forced rest for the next 2 weeks.

Duma

• forum hero
#5 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 09:14:25 pm

Just want to second this.

And sounds like a really good week Gav!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#6 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 10:02:58 pm
Thank James

11.8-10 average 163.2 up 0.8lbs

M. AM Home warm up. Tor experimenting on Bens. Decent enough conditions for time of year. Worked on second move and realised that I’d been making it hard for myself by putting LF side on rather than front on to get toe hook with RF. Later checked videos and saw that I used to go front on. Best link doing throw to connecting with niche. Should be doing better. Moved on to X. Drizzling. Again sub par on JR - best go falling off starting to get heel up. Finished at Rubicon for easy but pumpy traversing

T

W. Poor forecast everywhere so sacked off trad climbing with Simon K. PM/Eve Set of speed and recruitment pulls. Weighted HC deadhangs on ergo edge. Not done this since start of the year. Best hangs +25kg x 9 secs and +30kg x 5 secs. Not too shoddy in warm weather.

T.

F. AM Despite gusty weather decided on High Tor again. Did Robert Brown with Simon doing the bold first pitch. I felt quite happy on the second pitch despite a foot slip on the crux. Then armed with an extra red Camelot to back up the peg on the crux led the first pitch of Lyme Cryme clean but still required a bit of a fight on the crux. Simon carried up Donkeys doing the bold bit fine but fell off on the traverse going at the wrong level. I fell off this too but only because I was trying to unclip a thread below my feet on Laurin where the krab had inverted. Had enough by this stage and took a big mental effort to commit to the traverse of the final pitch with any thoughts of doing the alternative Phrantic finish dissipated and got scared on the largely unprotected choss finish.

S.

S. First time to North Yorks Moors. Raining almost sleeting at times. 3 hour group walk. Felt like 6.

Good to do Lyme Cryme clean this time and I’m getting slightly more comfortable  relying on trad gear when the climbing gets a harder but still finding it scary, arduous and grim. Maybe it’s always been that way and I’ve forgotten or maybe I’ve got soft and unambitious. Maybe I just need a lob to clear the mental block which is something that Ive found liberating in the past. Anyway, if I don’t rediscover the love this time round then I think I’ll knock it on the head for good.
Also, I had a freaky technical incident when belaying on Lyme Cryme Donkeys that left me more rattled. I don’t want to discuss/dwell on the details (so please don’t ask) but it’s preventable using a screw gate with a retainer or a triple lock karabiner for belaying. If you climb long enough (39 years in my case) then unlikely, scarcely imaginable things are likely to happen occasionally.

Mingulay on Friday.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#7 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 29, 2022, 11:01:40 pm
I think Lyme Cryme is brick Simon. If you're climbing that ok I think you'll have a great time yarding on much more solid and better protected routes on Mingulay. Enjoy!

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 10:55:04 am
Power club:

Steady week on all fronts, managed the usual 2 board sessions on Wednesday and Sunday evening. My body seems to be responding quite well to my new routine of warmup (theraband, mobility, stretching, light fingerboarding), then 3 x max hangs, then bouldering on the woodie. Rigged up my pully again so I can do 1-arm max hangs with a bit of weight off. Currently on -8kgs on a 23mm campus rung.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#9 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 02:45:16 pm
Pain au chocolat club deuxième partie...

M: Dingomaniaque F6c+ - Stepped it up a bit from the previous day... Crazy grading! Probably went off route as the start was supposed to be F5 but what we did was more F6b+/c! The next pitch was probably the same, then a hard F6a/b pitch, a spot on graded F6c+ pitch followed by some easy climbing and F6b+ to finish... No idea where we could have gone wrong though as the bolts were all there (albeit a bit spaced) as was the polish - I can't see how stacking two fingers in a mono water runnel and rocking over as far as one would on Body Machine for another micro crimp could ever be F6a in anyone's book! Great day onsighting tho...
T: La Demand - Return of the sandbag! I know I'd had 3 days on but wtf!?!? Felt about E2 and looooooooonnngggg!!! (12ish pitches!) Managed to tear summat in my calf leading P5 so Jus led on from there (while I tried to stem the flow of expletives!) the final chimney pitches were excruciating! Did them all but did lob on the last tricky one (was wearing the pack too)... Topped out just as the sun was setting and were pulled up by Mountain Rescue on the walk back to the car (we abbed in first rather than walking in) as unbeknownst to us it had been chucking it down (while we were squirming up the chimneys) and folk at the camp were worried we'd got stuck! 7.5hrs on the wall and god knows how long abbing in and finding the route... Trashed!
W: Rest! My leg was fucked.... Know it's just a soft tissue thing but even the thought of standing on my right toe was excruciating!
T: Was going to climb but Jus wasn't up for single pitch and I didn't trust the leg on owt more committing so went for a drive and a walk... The vultures circling below you are something to behold! Had a good look at Ramirole too... Just wow!! Chose well tbf as heavens opened about 13:30 meaning that Jus et al got a right soaking and narrowly missed out on an epic... Fly home.
F: Nowt
S: Nowt
S: Foundry with GF - Not been for years and decided to try their family membership as it's £45pm for all of us and seems a great deal for the summer so you can just nip in for an hour here and there.... WTF?!?!?! What has happened to the place? Pretty much everything but the steep wall is all TR in the main area, some furnace routes haven't been changed since last July! The place felt filthy and really tired... I guess that the wave is still ace and the new bouldering area looks fun but for indoor routes, my first impression was really disappointing - hopefully that'll change. F5, F5, F6a+, F6a+, F6b, F6b, F7a (dog)....

Phew! Still got my head in the clouds... Such an amazing place! Already planning to go back next spring. Psyche, psyche, psyche!!!

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 04:41:00 pm
DD, sounds like you had the full Verdon experience!

M - see last week
T - Fingerboard: 15mm edge: 10s hangs with a four finger chisle , 5s “trying hard” with a 3 finger crimp. 8km walk.
W - Shoulders conditioning. 7km walk.
T - Fingerboard as above.
F - Westway, climbing!! Foot and ankle were still puffy, but I could just squeeze into my all-day trad. shoes. Managed to TR some 6as on the autobelay. Exhausting but fun.
S - Trains from London to Lyon. All very smooth.
S - Collected rental car. Waiting for an hour after the allotted time in a deserted multi-storey car park is somewhat anxiety-provoking. Drove to Grenoble to pick-up the team and on to Céüse. Checked into the luxury accommodation (Gîte écologique La Mercierat - strongly recommended if your finances permit). Hiked up to Berlin: 1 hour 40 minutes with a light pack. Felt like I’d gone straight to 4000m from sea level: had to be careful to drop my usual pace and not to red-line. Took it gently the whole way and it wasn’t too bad. YYFY! Climbed Coup de Blues por Dom (6b) which I vaguely remembered having done 6 years ago. The individual moves were fine but I completely over-cooked it and was hyperventilating for minutes after.

Very happy to be at Céüse. Never thought this would happen two weeks ago when the antibiotics didn’t seem to be working and the leg was deteriorating.   

As well as the physical effects of illness I didn’t - and probably should have - anticipated how my mood would be all over the place after all the uncertainty. A gentle and low stress few days in the sun will do the trick. Onwards and upwards.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#11 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 05:10:44 pm
Power Club

Mon - 27' loaded carries.
Tue - garage session 3.
Wed - bar work. Core rotations.
Thu - EMOM pull ups 5x10. Clean and press 30" finisher 36 kg x15. Piece of cake. Had another 5 in the tank. Amazing.
Fri - tired. TBDL 30" finisher 5x12 70 kg. Warm down finisher 5x10 50 kg.
Sat - DOMS, light loaded carries.
Sun - DOMS, thruster and high pulls x10.

Wellsy

• forum hero
#12 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 06:01:11 pm
I've been lazy with Power Club entries of late. But last week;

Monday; bit of indoor climbing, fingerboarding (8 x 10 seconds, 30kgs added, 20mm edge), loads of lifting. Deadlifts up to 120kgs for 3. Squats up to 90kgs for 3. Bench press 70kgs 5x5, Overhead Press 40kgs 3 sets of 5.

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: excellent board session. Did some great hard moves. Felt really powerful, strong and confident. Best board session in months. Weighted pullups, 25kgs added, 3 sets of 5.

Thursday rest

Friday: out on the grit. Holly Tree Arete 6B/+, a weird problem next to it that isn't in the guide but felt about 6C. Tried Solitude and got to the crux twice, skin was unhappy so we sacked it off. First time back on the grit since the injury, was ace, lovely evening with the boys

Saturday: morning was Burbage South, did loads of stuff around 5+ to 6B. Alaska RH sit was probably the hardest thing I did, mega sandbagged at 6B! Felt more like hard 6C. Tried Crash and Gurn 7A and was a couple of inches below the hold, good efforts that ended when my skin gave up. Did the arete next to Tiger and compared it to my first ever trip outdoors, nice to see the improvement.

Afternoon went to try Nazgul 7B, couldn't do it, but made beta progress. Skin ultra fucked.

Sunday: benched 70kgs for 5 twice, then 75kgs for 5, then 80kgs for 2 (failed third rep). Did a static muscle up on rings for the first time! OHP 40kgs for 5, then again, then 45kgs for 5.

Basically a big week of loads of training and climbing, felt great, very happy :)

andy popp

• forum hero
#13 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 06:09:31 pm
Very happy to be at Céüse. ... Onwards and upwards.

Indeed! Well done for even getting there.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#14 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 10:01:20 pm
Do not underestimate the top of Elle va... At least, check it out carefully. I came pretty close to falling, despite hiking the crux. I thought the nearby route Les Petits Princes de l'absurde was an easier proposition for 7c+. (I wasn't in the best of shapes but still)

Cheers - I’ll definitely check out the top if i go back on it. Probably have another day around there but maybe try something a bit easier as it’s likely to be the last session kn that sector for us.

Just want to second this.

And sounds like a really good week Gav!

I’m hoping to make it an annual pilgrimage! Such an amazing place. I’m not sure what make it so special but the campsite it brilliant and everyone just seems super nice.

Took it gently the whole way and it wasn’t too bad. YYFY! Climbed Coup de Blues por Dom (6b) which I vaguely remembered having done 6 years ago. The individual moves were fine but I completely over-cooked it and was hyperventilating for minutes after.

Very happy to be at Céüse. Never thought this would happen two weeks ago when the antibiotics didn’t seem to be working and the leg was deteriorating.   

Glad you made it out. I did that route today - thought it was pretty stiff for 6b! If it had been my first route of the trip I’m not sure I’d have been feeling that secure on it!

James Malloch

• forum hero
#15 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 30, 2022, 10:13:21 pm

May I suggest Makach Walou for a 7c+? Fantastic and not stern for the grade like seemingly everything else on Berlin. Perfect power endurance

I nearly went on that today but Galaxy had the draws in so no commitment! Dropped the last move of the Boulder on the flash and then went bolt to bolt to the top. Think it could be a goer.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#16 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 04:29:47 am
This week has been a good advert for Power Club imo. Some really enjoyable reads. Especially when you know the backstories.
Thanks for sharing.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#17 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 08:49:17 am
Other than driving everyone not in Ceuse mad with jealousy that is!

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#18 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 09:05:31 am
Hey Duma, feel free not to answer if you don't want to, but I'm fascinated to know what you do for a living! Your Power Club entries always sound brutal!

James Malloch

• forum hero
#19 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 12:41:12 pm
Other than driving everyone not in Ceuse mad with jealousy that is!

Belays are available for anyone wanting to fly out  :2thumbsup: think we’re here for the rest of the week.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#20 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 01:11:24 pm
Go find the via ferrata ladder while you are there. Scarier than any sport route.

csl

• junky
#21 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 01:43:12 pm
Go find the via ferrata ladder while you are there. Scarier than any sport route.

I think it got tamed a little bit so it’s no longer overhanging

SA Chris

• forum hero
#22 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 01:44:46 pm
Pfft. Not like the good old days..

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#23 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 02:05:58 pm
M: 1 mile local walk. Core. G1. Hangs: 20mm HC & OH 7s BW, +10lb, +20lb, +30lb, +40lb *2. Kilterboard 45deg 2V4, 3V5, 1V6. Also tried some harder boulders. Shoulder press 45lb, chest press 50lb X6 *3sets. 10 mins stairmaster at setting 8.

T: 1 mile local walk. Picked up Mum from airport, visiting for the first time

W: 2 mile local walk

T: 1 mile local walk. 50 ab-wheel roll-outs. G1. Hangs: 20mm HC & OH 7s BW, +10lb, +25lb, +35lb, +40lb *2. Kilterboard 40deg 2V4, 9V5, 1V6. Shoulder press 45lb, bicep curl 40lb, chest press 50lb X6 *3sets. 10 mins stairmaster.

F: 1 mile local walk.

S: Drive to Crested Butte, 2 mile hike to Judd Falls once we arrive and some additional exploring

S: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, lots of driving but some exploring

Duma

• forum hero
#24 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 02:39:11 pm
Hey Duma, feel free not to answer if you don't want to, but I'm fascinated to know what you do for a living! Your Power Club entries always sound brutal!
Haha! I work on the shift trading desk for a utility - it's a desk job but we do 12 hr shifts and I have a 40 min commute. I only mention it in power club as the timescales mean I can't really train on those days. If you're feeling sorry for me remember I get decent shift allowance and don't work any of the days I don't mention it!

James Malloch

• forum hero
#25 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 03:04:05 pm

I think it got tamed a little bit so it’s no longer overhanging

I did it back in 2013 - though don’t remember it much other than there being loads of Marmots on top!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#26 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 04:08:20 pm
i think it is (or was) the top of a ski area, felt quite strange seeing drag lifts in the meadow up there; I had never been to a ski area in summer before (I have many times since).

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#27 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 06:01:14 pm
Ha, fair dos. Thanks for replying. I'll not feel sorry for you, I only work 2 days a week! Although the rest is spent doing daddy day care so I don't do any climbing. :'(

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#28 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
May 31, 2022, 07:32:10 pm
Via ferrata ladder is benchmark E2 4a.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#29 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
June 01, 2022, 03:43:28 pm

I saw this and thought of Duma (sorry, Duma).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeOpGW8uRbe/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#30 Re: Power Club 646 23-29 May 2022
June 01, 2022, 06:15:38 pm
Late to the party here, and not in Ceuse...

Decided that I need to begin NOW with re-balancing my aerobic energy / anaerobic mix, so instead of trying to get in peak form for this season I'm just going to go out and get on projects and see what happens, learn some beta and see what I need to work on for next year. Aaaand, if I do magically get fit then I'll maybe get something ticked...

Mon: Aerobic Base: crimped app Aero 4s, O/S - 4 grades (6b target for now, mainly doing 6a/+/b today), 4 consecutive laps with no rest, 10 mins rest. Repeat 4 times.  Felt pretty mellow on set 1 and 2, getting pumpy in set 3 and set 4 was a bit of a fight to the finish but completed all reps. Followed up with a split lap on a 7b, decent rest and then a full lap on the 7b (soft) - probably junk miles but wanted to do something more mentally taxing.

Better to do harder stuff at the start of the session?

Tue - Sunday: NOTHING except a 400m race at the Blair Atholl Highland show!  Was on tour guide duty for sis and BF of OH. Took my new homemade portable FB bid didn't get a chance to use it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal