UKBouldering.com

Griff's Buttress - Access (Read 2342 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Griff's Buttress - Access
May 24, 2022, 11:53:31 am
This is a heads up really, rather than a notice regarding a change in the situation. There have been instances of the landowner taking issue with climbing at Griff’s (and presumably all other buttresses downstream on this side of the stream), and there is a fairly high potential for a worsening of the situation.
The main points being:
- If anyone meets the landowner, please could you take down a name and phone number so we can follow up with them regards proactive measures to protect the fence/wall, e.g. installation of a stile.
- Please take care crossing the fence/wall.
- Correct any damage done to it where possible, even if didn’t cause the damage.

crzylgs

• stalker
#1 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
May 24, 2022, 12:43:30 pm
Haven't been there myself this year but have passed this on to a couple of friends who have. Would be terrible to damage access here so hopefully one of you gents can get in touch with the landowner.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
May 30, 2022, 01:39:32 pm
Sign gone up now stating private land no access

Duplicate post as just seen other thread.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
May 31, 2022, 10:02:54 am
Disappointed to hear a climber was at the crag when the sign went up and didn't go and speak to the farmer/get contact details.

Bradders

• forum hero
#4 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
May 31, 2022, 11:13:47 am
Sounded like they just arrived to find the sign to me. Not as though they witnessed it being installed.

Gutted about this, glad another Whitehouses has so far been avoided at least and hope something can be worked out.

yetix

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
May 31, 2022, 11:05:17 pm
Think someone else was there as the sign was going up bradders. Someone also logged stuff that day, so assuming that's the same person and not someone after the sign was up

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
May 31, 2022, 11:11:31 pm
What do people think has prompted this, has it been overly busy, power screams scaring the sheep, bad parking etc?

36chambers

• forum hero
#7 Re: Griff's Buttress - Access
June 01, 2022, 08:58:21 am
Think someone else was there as the sign was going up bradders. Someone also logged stuff that day, so assuming that's the same person and not someone after the sign was up

In defence of my secret sauce [sic], who was at Griff's at the time, "I didn't see them messaging with the wall. Had no idea what they were doing. Just assumed they would have told me to bugger off if there was a problem".
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:28:06 am by 36chambers »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal