places to visit > competitions

Olympic qualification Paris 2024

<< < (5/9) > >>

edshakey:
It's pretty standard stuff from him tbf. He's not competed much in recent years, he just does what he needs to qualify for stuff, or get a little practice before the big comp. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his first comp of the season is OQS Shanghai, he can spend more time on rock or training, and then leverage his vast experience of comps when the time comes. The main reason we see others compete more (even if it's not strictly necessary for qualification) is just because they love comps - Adam clearly has passion for other avenues so he might as well pursue them at any opportunity.

It's a shame he probably won't get the Olympic gold to pretty much complete climbing as a sport. If it had been in for Rio 2016, he'd probably have won it. As it is, it's come a bit too late, the style has moved probably slightly too far away from his strengths. I really struggle to see him getting past all of the current crop of all-rounders like Sorato and Toby. Even

sherlock:
This weekend in Shanghai.
It doesn't seem to be on Discovery upcoming events.
Downloaded 'Paris 24 app' so hopefully can cast but has anyone found a better solution?

mattbirddog:

--- Quote from: sherlock on May 14, 2024, 11:24:50 am ---This weekend in Shanghai.
It doesn't seem to be on Discovery upcoming events.
Downloaded 'Paris 24 app' so hopefully can cast but has anyone found a better solution?

--- End quote ---

Nope, Discovery did not secure rights for OQS and they will be broadcast on the Olympic Channel.

All info here:

https://olympics.com/en/news/sport-climbing-oqs-shanghai-preview-schedule-watch-action-live

sherlock:
Cheers Matt.

galpinos:
Is it only live or do they show repeats? 3am is a little early for me......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version