UKBouldering.com

Family friendly bouldering France (Read 3985 times)

Duma

• forum hero
Sorry for the OT highjack, but does anyone who went over at Easter know the current state of play with passenger locator forms for travel to France? I'm getting the Eurostar tomorrow and the most I can find is I may be asked to do one. Can't get it to work and am meeting gf in the van so no booked accommodation.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
If the address is the issue, just choose a Formule 1 near font and use that address if you need one. It won't be checked.

edshakey

• forum abuser
No forms for us at Easter Duma - it was unclear on tunnel and ferry websites but it seems the forms no longer are needed. Struggled to find them online even if I wanted to fill one in!

Just had to upload a vaccination document to the transport company websites for each direction.

SA Chris

• forum hero
My manager just flew to Amsterdam this morning from Aberdeen, and said he had to wait forever in the queue as people who were transiting Amsterdam to Paris and hadn't completed PLFs, so the application seems very inconsistent.

In January the easiest approach was uploading all your vaccination certificates to the TousAntiCovid App to show at check in, but no doubt that has changed.

Danny

• junky
i reckon Sintra will be roasting hot. I like the look of Santa Linya in northern Spain, but that could well be just the pitches online that make it look good. Any Scandi options?

Tons of options in Scandinavia. Obviously not as warm as further south, so maybe less family friendly if that is a shorthand for beaches?

Beaches would be in but, as Chris says, it's more about nice, objective danger free spots with other things to do. Vastervik might be a good one by the looks of it.

Duma

• forum hero
Cheers all, got the EU form to work on the work PC's - it confirms you only need a PLF for France if flying, so no need for me

SA Chris

• forum hero
Makes sense, but good to know, thanks

Duma

• forum hero
Has been very slick, even straight from a night shift... Left Swindon 7am, arrive in font in 15min - less than 7 hours, and could have done it in 6 if I'd been less cautious about time needed for security and passport control at St Pancras. Shame you need to have pads and transport waiting at this end.

seankenny

• forum hero
Is there no way you could take pads on the Eurostar? I’ve only used it for non-climbing trips to Paris, always driven if going to Font.

i.munro

• junky
Is there no way you could take pads on the Eurostar? I’ve only used it for non-climbing trips to Paris, always driven if going to Font.

I used to do it all the time with small (1m x 1m pads) but that was pre-brexit.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Did Brexit affect what you could take on the Eurostar?

i.munro

• junky
Did Brexit affect what you could take on the Eurostar?

I would guess it has affected passport checks so maybe luggage checks  :-\ - but it's certainly affected my knowledge of what's allowed as it stopped me traveling regularly  to France.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal