UKBouldering.com

Power Club 632 25 April - 1st May 2022 (Read 4342 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Only one way to get fit enough!

Those long routes take a lot of mental energy to psyche up for, but you’re right!

I’ve not much experience of trying to keep the right side of pump, knowing you can definitely make the next moves but that you won’t feel fully secure.

The shorter bouldery routes I’ve done (6c+) here feel like a right doddle in comparison.

Wood FT

• forum hero
The shorter bouldery routes I’ve done (6c+) here feel like a right doddle in comparison.

Each to their own, obviously, but we have plenty of short bouldery routes at home. Get stuck in on the longer stuff we so lack!

James Malloch

• forum hero

Each to their own, obviously, but we have plenty of short bouldery routes at home. Get stuck in on the longer stuff we so lack!

Yeah that’s the plan from now. The lower grade stuff limits venue choices a bit but now we’re into the swing of it a few more crags are opening up  :2thumbsup:

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
 My partner and I quite often do split days at crags when the need for grade range doesn't align. Go to one crag in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Works well when you can choose crags to suit the direction of the sun etc.

Heartily second the idea of doing the long routes as well, short bouldery stuff is fine to get going but would be missing the point long term!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal