UKBouldering.com

Stanage Plantation- Path Boulder (Read 1430 times)

Jack Andrew

• regular
Stanage Plantation- Path Boulder
May 01, 2022, 07:51:17 am
Just thought I’d post about a block I did yesterday, wondered if anyone knows of it or problems on it.

The green boulder on the left side of the path after the first gate approaching Stanage plantation has various pockets on the nose/arête.

I pulled on and did a few different variations of the same problem.

The hardest variations seemed to be RH 3 finger pocket LH 2 finger pocket with 1 move to slap the slopey top, match it and then mantel using a small crimp rail just further back. There were plenty of jugs left which I avoided on the mantel. There also was a hardish move involving the same RH but LH on rounded arête, I also tried arête LH and RH on the 2 finger pocket instead but couldn’t do that.
If properly cleaned there could be a very good sit start too but would be way out of my paygrade.

Anyone done it before? Was very eliminate really but the hard starts I found felt like good 6a problems as a good warm up for the crag and just think may be worth popping on UKC.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc_NFSYjb21/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Wood FT

• forum hero
Nige, didn’t you do some stuff around here a few years back?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
The stuff Nige recorded doing was further up in the boulders.
I haven't climbed on that block but I've seen it chalked before in the past.
It may have been detailed on Ferret's old site, which documented The Blair Witch Project and other bits in those lower woods.

Jack Andrew

• regular
Yeah I can’t imagine no one’s ever done it as it’s so close to the path. Ill add something to UKC later I think it’s worth while I’ll just leave fa details blank

ferret

• forum abuser
The stuff Nige recorded doing was further up in the boulders.
I haven't climbed on that block but I've seen it chalked before in the past.
It may have been detailed on Ferret's old site, which documented The Blair Witch Project and other bits in those lower woods.
Yep, that was climbed by Danny Kendal who originally found Blair Witch. I don't remember the details but I'm sure he won't be bothered if you retro claim/name it for the purpose of recording

Jack Andrew

• regular
Nice one, I’ve added to UKC and just called it “pockets and slopers” left FA stuff blank

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal