UKBouldering.com

Five ten / Adidas to stop making climbing shoes? (Read 10436 times)

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
In the modern age of climbing shoes I think sponsorship for someone like Bosi probably goes to the highest bidder. My point being that now more than ever sponsorship isn't a reliable indicator of performance or build quality in climbing products.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Durbs

• forum hero
I've never climbed in 5.10s, but love my Freeriders - though having said that, was hesitant buying my first pair due to the large amounts of reviews saying they disintegrate quickly (mine haven't!)

Anoesis

At the end of 2011 after the sale of 5.10 was announced i was at a conference alongside a member of the adidas board and asked him directly about the purchase.  Effectively they wanted to dip their toe in the sector and 5.10 was the cheapest way of doing it before the like of Nike, et al bought them…
His comment regarding the patents for the stealth rubber was interesting - “we partner with the best rubber supplier in the world, if we wanted something better then stealth we could just ask for it”
Their $25M toe dip has been a bumpy journey..🤷‍♂️

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
$25M is relatively small potatoes

https://www.sportingfree.com/sports/adidas-net-worth/

You have to speculate to accumulate....

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
...and Planet X).

Planet X can go and get in the sea. I saw some pictures last week of a brand new Selcof carbon fork that sheared under moderately hard braking. The thought of that happening at higher speeds is both  :shit: and  :sick:.

i heard they have a voodoo doll with your face on it in the office after your recent communication  :jab:

Liamhutch89

• forum hero
His comment regarding the patents for the stealth rubber was interesting - “we partner with the best rubber supplier in the world, if we wanted something better then stealth we could just ask for it”

I recall watching a video some time ago where a representative of Vibram was explaining their rubber compounds for climbing shoes. What caught my attention was a comment suggesting that they could make higher performing rubber than their current offerings, but the price would be much higher or the durability worse. Surely the Ondra's and Megos' of the world would be sporting this super-rubber if true? Maybe they are?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal