the shizzle > new problems

[Peak][Saddleworth][Pots and Pans][Ouzel block] various new and reclimbed things

<< < (2/8) > >>

bolehillbilly:
Lovely setting for that block and the slab looks very good.

JamieG:
Cheers bolehillbilly. It's really nice up there. Surprisingly nice for a quarry. You get great views back across uppermill, greenfield and out to manchester. Bonus good birdlife (ring ouzels hence the names) and hares around too.

The slab is very nice, but I think the afterbirth dyno is probably the best problem on that block. Especially from a sit. And I'm not even the much of a dyno fan (would normally definitely favour a slab over a dyno). It just flows so nicely, across onto the big footholds and then the pop up. (The name is because a sheep had recently given birth and the fresh afterbirth was still under the block. My brother moved it with a rock. Bit gross.  :sick:)

gardinrm:
Just seen that Tom Newman climbed something up at Pots and Pans a few months ago. No description, but I recognised where it was having climbed the obvious lightening shaped feature to the right. Jamie and I are planning to pull this all together in a short topo when time permits.

Fiend:
A delicate little number that. The S-shaped feature looks nice, what does that go at?

JamieG:
If you mean the feature to the right of Tom’s problem then the stand is about 6b and you can do a sitstart from just down and left at around 7a/+.

Loads of good stuff up there. Definitely an overlooked venue. Great views back to Manchester too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version