UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Saddleworth][Pots and Pans][Ouzel block] various new and reclimbed things (Read 5812 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Good topo and info! Will definitely check it out soon. TTT msg me if you fancy a visit.

Me too..

JamieG

• forum hero
Glad the little topo is generating some interest. Any feedback on grades, problems, what you tried/enjoyed, new additions etc. would be really appreciated and I'll try keep the topo updated.  :2thumbsup:

ehmarra

I had a short session up there thanks to the topo. Ousel Arete sit start was a really good find i thought.

JamieG

• forum hero
Excellent stuff. Glad you enjoyed the problem. Did you try/enjoy anything else whilst you were up there?

JamieG

• forum hero
Couple minor additions to Pots and Pans

Lost boys sitstart - ~6b - Adds a couple tricky moves into the lovely stand. Obvious big square foot block at the bottom is out at this grade, but the good feet just to the right are in.

Afterbirth (left hand finish) - Might be scraping the barrel now.  :-[  But a nice alternative finish to the afterbirth dyno at roughly the same grade (~6b+).

JamieG

• forum hero
Bit of a YYFY for me today. After pulling off the bottom of the flake on Captain Troll over a year ago, I finally managed to repeat the sit start today (and not for lack of trying either!). Definitely much harder than it was before, so I'm going to suggest it is now 7b+, but would be really interested to hear what others think if they ever make it up to the 2nd best bouldering crag in the Chew Valley.  ;D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Nice one Jamie, looks very cool! Love your crag-top spotter too  ;D

JamieG

• forum hero
Cheers Fiend. To be fair that sheep was better at spotting than some climbers I've been out with.  ;D

andy popp

• forum hero
I think it's the sheep that needs the spot (and nice one Jamie).

JamieG

• forum hero
Cheers Andy. It’s a lovely spot up there. Definitely feels away from the crowds.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
Nice Jamie. Looking very fluid - the climb also looks great.

JamieG

• forum hero
Thanks James. It only looks fluid because I've tried it so many times and so had it pretty wired in the end. I now am not 100% sure if it is actually quite hard or I was being a muppet.  :)  The problem climbs really nicely (I'm totally biased), a good combination and variety of technical and powerful moves.

(If anyone wants a little tour up there, let me know and I'll do my best to come out - provisos regarding kids/work/life etc etc as I struggle to get out much myself.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal