the shizzle > news

Bosiwad

<< < (2/102) > >>

remus:
Had a quick look in the climbing-history.org database and I count eight 8B+ flashers with eleven flashes between them, though I could well be missing some.

Daniel WoodsEntlingeAdam OndraGecko AssisJimmy WebbSkyAdam OndraJadeJimmy WebbThe GlobalistLiam VanceSkyNed FeehallyTrust IssuesJakob SchubertCatalan Witness the FItnessTomoa NarasakiDecidedJakob SchubertThe Never Ending StoryWill BosiCharizard

SA Chris:
Any ideas as to who the Globalist is? Jeff Bezos?

crimpinainteasy:
That's mad, Will has flashed 2 8B's and one 8B+ in the last two months now!!

remus:

--- Quote from: crimpinainteasy on April 18, 2022, 09:38:57 pm ---That's mad, Will has flashed 2 8B's and one 8B+ in the last two months now!!

--- End quote ---

He was super close on another 8B flash too (dropped the last move or so of Flip Flopera on the same day he flashed 4X+1).

Bradders:

--- Quote from: crimpinainteasy on April 18, 2022, 09:38:57 pm ---That's mad, Will has flashed 2 8B's and one 8B+ in the last two months now!!

--- End quote ---

Well I was thinking about this after he flashed XXXX+1; if he's aiming to climb 8C+, and 9A, then he really should be flashing, or at least trying to flash, 8B especially in his style. It really shouldn't be a surprise that he's capable of doing so at that target "redpoint" level.

There have been a few discussions on here about flashing and generally it seemed to average out that people's best flashes were somewhere around 3-4 grades below their max worked problem, e.g. I've flashed a handful of 7B+s versus a max worked of (debatable) 8A+.

Certainly doesn't mean you'll flash all of them, and in fact there'll be plenty that still take multiple sessions for all sorts of reasons.

Not that any of that diminishes the achievements at all, it's just interesting perspective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version