UKBouldering.com

Bosiwad (Read 96034 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#25 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 09:42:08 am
now that he's got his own thread- I remember seeing him back in 2014 (barely hit puberty) floating up problems at alien 2 that I'd seen multiple ~8B climbers serisouly fail to do individual moves on...

When they use to do the Scottish Bouldering Championships they would do a round at each of the local walls through out the winter and he turned up to the Aberdeen round once about 5 years ago and pissed up everything, even the stuff Max Milne found hard back then.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#26 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 10:15:25 am
now that he's got his own thread- I remember seeing him back in 2014 (barely hit puberty) floating up problems at alien 2 that I'd seen multiple ~8B climbers serisouly fail to do individual moves on...

That's the feeling I always get seeing him climb - he just seems to hit every hold in the right position, with minimal extra power used. Basically most things look about 7A when he climbs them....Even 8B flashes!

edshakey

• forum abuser
#27 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 04:49:32 pm

Another 8C, looking as controlled as ever on it.

Must be so freeing to be this psyched on rock regardless of aesthetics. Not to take anything away from his accomplishments, I'm in awe, but not many of us would be willing to head abroad for stuff that looks like it's been plucked from the tor and dropped in rural Czechia. Maybe it even adds to the achievement!

remus

• forum hero
#28 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 05:39:06 pm
Im more interested to see what he'll get done now he's realised kneebars exist :lol:

crimpinainteasy

• addict
#29 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 06:00:20 pm

Another 8C, looking as controlled as ever on it.

Must be so freeing to be this psyched on rock regardless of aesthetics. Not to take anything away from his accomplishments, I'm in awe, but not many of us would be willing to head abroad for stuff that looks like it's been plucked from the tor and dropped in rural Czechia. Maybe it even adds to the achievement!

I think it's pretty cool to another wolrd class climber on some of Adam Ondra's minging limestone testpieces. It's definitely not the most aesthetic crag but some of the problems seem to have interesting sequences.

edshakey

• forum abuser
#30 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 06:08:19 pm
I think it's pretty cool to another wolrd class climber on some of Adam Ondra's minging limestone testpieces. It's definitely not the most aesthetic crag but some of the problems seem to have interesting sequences.

Oh for sure, no doubt I'm glad to see someone getting on them. It's just interesting to see someone head abroad to what is in essence a locals crag, as opposed to the more traditional venues with big lines. I suppose the allure of Ondra is enough to make anywhere seem appealing.

Maybe this is some sort of exchange program and he'll be over here soon to check out what our fingery limestone has to offer.

Danny

• junky
#31 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 06:10:02 pm
Comes across as a very Jerry thing, except not as dickish. He's not going there for the world class climbing, but instead to measure himself against the world's best climber.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#32 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 06:40:30 pm
If I had a friend from Czech who climbed at a similar level to me who said, “come and stay with me and we can climb on all my local crags” I wouldn’t say “No, sorry the rock is not aesthetic enough for me to justify spending my precious time on”, I’d be psyched to go on a cool climbing trip with my mate and see a new country and it’s climbing areas. I don’t think that would change if the level we were climbing at was the highest in the world.

Anyway, are we just going to ignore the hanging-rope dab in that last clip?

Danny

• junky
#33 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 07:01:58 pm
I didn't realise they were besties in that sense Cheque. But even if so, I'm not sure I buy that Czech sightseeing and general banter is what's going on here. If I had a mate who said "Come stay with me and we can climb at the Tor" I'd probably say "Fuck off, I've only 25 days of leave a year, and I'm not wasting my skin on that nonsense. See you in Font". In fact I'm sure I've been in a not dissimilar situation and said something like that. Maybe I'm just a dick.

edshakey

• forum abuser
#34 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 07:19:19 pm
I'm sure Will isn't Adam's only friend, and yet nobody has really gone over there and done a similar type of trip. I think it's something respectable about Will that he is keen for this kinds of thing, and I'm not convinced that there are many others pros out there who'd be willing to do the same. Maybe it'll change in time and it'll be a more fashionable destination but certainly not yet.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#35 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 07:41:57 pm
Comes across as a very Jerry thing, except not as dickish. He's not going there for the world class climbing, but instead to measure himself against the world's best climber.

This

crimpinainteasy

• addict
#36 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 08:03:10 pm
It would be cool if one day someone like Daniel Woods or Dave Graham comes to the UK to try Aidan Robert's fingery testpieces.

Liamhutch89

• forum hero
#37 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 08:27:58 pm
It would be cool if one day someone like Daniel Woods or Dave Graham comes to the UK to try Aidan Robert's fingery testpieces.

It would be cool to see Will on them!

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#38 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 08:44:16 pm
I didn't realise they were besties in that sense Cheque. But even if so, I'm not sure I buy that Czech sightseeing and general banter is what's going on here. If I had a mate who said "Come stay with me and we can climb at the Tor" I'd probably say "Fuck off, I've only 25 days of leave a year, and I'm not wasting my skin on that nonsense. See you in Font". In fact I'm sure I've been in a not dissimilar situation and said something like that. Maybe I'm just a dick.

Do you have the same number of free days per year as Ondra?

macca7

• addict
#39 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 08:46:32 pm

But surely that's the big difference he hasn't only got 25 days of leave he's got all year to go wherever and do whatever. If times not an issue we'd all be going everywhere?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#40 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 08:56:12 pm
It’s just going where there action, beta and psyche is. Like Dave Mac turning up to go on Lexicon.

Wellsy

• forum hero
#41 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 09:42:16 pm
Also people do get different things from climbing. BID and I were talking about this today; I enjoy doing moves that I find hard and pushing myself, and to me that's the heart of climbing. Aesthetics are welcome and important, but hard, demanding moves on choosy limestone shitheaps are hard, demanding moves nonetheless and appealing to me for that.

Perhaps that's a flaw but there you go

abarro81

• forum hero
#42 Re: Bosiwad
April 22, 2022, 11:01:43 pm
You lot are on smack. If I had fingers that strong and a trip fund I'd be on Jumbo Love or Finish Line! But hey, each to their own. But you're still on smack.

Bradders

• forum hero
#43 Re: Bosiwad
April 23, 2022, 07:42:56 am

This

This. Climbing every day with Ondra for a few weeks is worth the climbing itself being on the chossiest shit heap of a crag imaginable.

I don't actually think the crags themselves look bad at all though. It's just that the locals have come up with a bunch of things that prioritise difficulty over everything else.

crimpinainteasy

• addict
#44 Re: Bosiwad
April 23, 2022, 08:22:04 pm
Also people do get different things from climbing. BID and I were talking about this today; I enjoy doing moves that I find hard and pushing myself, and to me that's the heart of climbing. Aesthetics are welcome and important, but hard, demanding moves on choosy limestone shitheaps are hard, demanding moves nonetheless and appealing to me for that.

Perhaps that's a flaw but there you go

I feel the same, I just enjoy going outside and doing problems that challenge myself. Sure it's nice to be a beautiful crag, but I think the quality/difficulty of the moves is generally a priority over the aesthetic beauty of the area for me.

36chambers

• forum hero
#45 Re: Bosiwad
April 24, 2022, 08:28:28 pm

This

This. Climbing every day with Ondra for a few weeks is worth the climbing itself being on the chossiest shit heap of a crag imaginable.

You can't out flash Ondra if you're not climbing with him. And on his home turf as well, what a flex.

gme

• forum hero
#46 Re: Bosiwad
April 25, 2022, 02:53:21 pm
His full ticklist is on Instagram. Pretty impressive, to the point of ridiculous.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcxikY0D_fQ/

Paul B

• forum hero
#47 Re: Bosiwad
April 25, 2022, 03:14:28 pm
His full ticklist is on Instagram. Pretty impressive, to the point of ridiculous.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcxikY0D_fQ/

I struggle to comprehend a list like that, it's absolutely incredible.

abarro81

• forum hero
#48 Re: Bosiwad
April 25, 2022, 03:29:06 pm
6 8Cs... bloody hell!

Wellsy

• forum hero
#49 Re: Bosiwad
April 25, 2022, 03:32:48 pm
Mad shit. Mad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal