UKBouldering.com

Peak Area Meeting Tues 26 April at Bamford Institute (Read 1252 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
https://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=4360

First physical meeting for a couple of years. Can you log in as well? I see Yorkshire is doing a hybrid meeting

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
The limiting factor might be the broadband bandwidth of the Bamford Village Institute I reckon! Gather the Peak Area was having issues sourcing a suitable location; pubs have gone mental charging for use of rooms after covid. We've moved in Yorkshire as well.

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Cheers for posting this up Simon.

Just a reminder that the meeting is tomorrow (Tuesday). We'll see a return of the quiz, prizes, chip butties all round, it's bring your own drinks, the Anglers' is opposite in case you want to warm up or pop in after.

https://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=4360
First physical meeting for a couple of years. Can you log in as well? I see Yorkshire is doing a hybrid meeting

Sadly not a hybrid meeting (this time, at least). Organising this meeting has been a bit like starting afresh, given that, as SM said, pubs have started charging way more for rooms etc and so it's taken a lot more organising than you might expect to just get the venue and food to coincide. Getting the technology etc arranged for a hybrid meeting was a step too far for this time, but that's still our plan for the future. Also, two of this year's meetings will still be online for those who  can't make the physical ones.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Apologies. I won’t be able to make it

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Highly unlikely I'll be able to make it either (site visit in Wales). Hope it all goes well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal