the shizzle > sponsors

Northern Rock

<< < (9/11) > >>

Steve Crowe:

--- Quote from: andy popp on May 06, 2022, 02:27:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: Steve Crowe on May 06, 2022, 07:37:55 am ---Northern Rock Typos:

Cover to Cover First Ascent by Dave Birkett Circa 2006

--- End quote ---

What did you think of the rest of the book?

--- End quote ---

Very well produced, 600 pages crammed with classic climbs however Blue Scar, Goldsborough and Crag Willas are missing.

spidermonkey09:
Blimey Steve, focus on the positives!

Duncan campbell:

--- Quote from: Will Hunt on May 06, 2022, 12:27:18 pm ---I'm not going to be drawn into comparing the mistakes per square inch between Northern Rock and Northern Limestone. Firstly because I will let the quality of our book speak for itself; secondly because I recognise that, despite the many years of effort that go into these things, total perfection is impossible.

--- End quote ---

Sorry Will that wasn’t what I had wanted, and wasn’t a criticism of your book (which looks like a nice book from what I’ve seen)

More just a comment on how everyone slags rockfax off for having mistakes and yet as you say it is impossible to create a guidebook with no mistakes.

Something I am interested in though and maybe you could answer… what is the craic with these “Wired Guides”? What actually is Wired? Seems like FRCC did the Lakes one, the CC/Emma and Paul did Pembroke, did Niall and the BMC do the Peak? Did “Wired” approach you and ask you to do a guide for them?

Steve Crowe:

--- Quote from: spidermonkey09 on May 06, 2022, 05:06:20 pm ---Blimey Steve, focus on the positives!

--- End quote ---

I've written a short comment/review here https://climbonline.co.uk/2022/05/06/northern-rock/

teestub:
Climbonline typos:

--- Quote --- This impressive tomb describes all the best trad & sport climbing along with a selection of the best bouldering across Northumberland 
--- End quote ---

😄

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version