UKBouldering.com

anyone want rid of a copy of Mastermind by Jerry Moffat? (Read 1800 times)

honroid

• addict
Wanted a copy of this. Thought it might be the sort of book people read, get the general idea and sell on..

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Flicked through it and quite underwhelmed tbh honroid. Have you read With Winning In Mind? Jerry credits it with making him perform better at comps.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I've PM'd you

ctodd

Got a copy - happy to post if anyone wants it

honroid

• addict
Flicked through it and quite underwhelmed tbh honroid. Have you read With Winning In Mind? Jerry credits it with making him perform better at comps.

I haven't actually, thanks. I'll check it out. I'd forgotten he mentions that as a game changer. Have you read it?

honroid

• addict

honroid

• addict
mrjonathonr thanks for the link. This is a really good read. What a mind, what a story. I'm hooked already. You're not wrong to recommend it to anyone interested in the idea behind Mastermind

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

I haven't actually, thanks. I'll check it out. I'd forgotten he mentions that as a game changer. Have you read it?

yes, not sure I have successfully implemented it though!  :lol:

honroid

• addict
Indeed. I had a post work session tonight -first one in daylight this year- and failed to top any of the three boulder problems I'd intended as a circuit despite trying to adopt a couple of his points. Not exactly winning yet..

Paul B

• forum hero
There was a gem in there for me about focussing about where you want to go/what you want to do rather than not doing something.

I read the book cover to cover on a flight to Colorado and had my best day skiing ever as a result. It sounds silly writing it here but thinking about my line through the trees rather than worrying about hitting them was a revelation.

honroid

• addict
That's good to hear. Refreshing. As a boulderer I never really feel the need to focus on mental training as I mainly thought this to be about gear of falling. I'm quite enjoying With Winning Mind and looking forward to getting into Mastermind. Likewise, it sounds stupid to me training the mind for bouldering when it is apparently to physical but I feel like improvements can be so marginal, if it gives me a small advantage I'll take it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal