UKBouldering.com

Lancashire Choss - The Guide (Read 2042 times)

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Lancashire Choss - The Guide
February 26, 2022, 10:47:03 pm
Yo.
For all you Lancashire Choss aficionados...

Given the uncertain future involvement of the BMC in producing future editions of Lancashire Rock, a merry band of suckers local activists has been formed  (Red Rose Rocktm) to take on production of the new guide and hold the definitive record.
Some familiar faces, and some new ones.

Over the next hundred years couple of years (maybe 5) the guide will be revised, and all the usual work - checking routes, descriptions, access, photos, action shots etc - will need to be undertaken.

We're on the lookout for some fresh blood to help with this, hence the post.
So, if you love a bit of Lancashire choss wrestling and want to contribute, this is your chance!
please contact Lancashirerock@outlook.com

All help will be appreciated, from checking routes or trundling entire cliffs to rewriting a whole crag.
Also if you have any new route information, or corrections, please let me know...

cheers
ps: I'll try to keep this post updated with developments as we slowly lose the will to live.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#1 Re: Lancashire Choss - The Guide
March 04, 2022, 10:03:12 am
Hi Rick, as someone who never trads and doesn't get out as  much as I used to but would love to be involved, if you need any proof reading doing, I'm pretty good at it and happy to lend a hand if needed.

Si

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#2 Re: Lancashire Choss - The Guide
March 04, 2022, 03:01:04 pm
Hi Rick, as someone who never trads and doesn't get out as  much as I used to but would love to be involved, if you need any proof reading doing, I'm pretty good at it and happy to lend a hand if needed.

Si
Ah nice one Si, yes well definitely need proof readers, I'll be in touch👌🤗 cheers

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#3 Re: Lancashire Choss - The Guide
March 04, 2022, 07:43:21 pm
I can chip in on that kind of stuff if it helps. Spent a bit of time on the Lancs Moors in the last couple of years. Enthusiastic, time poor, pedantic, middle grade. Mainly boulder, some sport, infrequent trad (or ‘climbing’ as we used to call it).

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#4 Re: Lancashire Choss - The Guide
March 06, 2022, 10:25:43 am
I can chip in on that kind of stuff if it helps. Spent a bit of time on the Lancs Moors in the last couple of years. Enthusiastic, time poor, pedantic, middle grade. Mainly boulder, some sport, infrequent trad (or ‘climbing’ as we used to call it).
Thanks Steve, you're on the list!
Cheers👍👍

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5 Re: Lancashire Choss - The Guide
March 06, 2022, 11:22:24 am
I’ll see if I can get you some action shots. I’ve barely visited Lancs crags (scandalous as I’m a Lancastrian by birth, as my Dad reminds me every time I see him!) but plan to change that. I’ll send a Dropbox link to that email address once I have some.  :thumbsup:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#6 Re: Lancashire Choss - The Guide
March 08, 2022, 09:11:19 pm
I’ll see if I can get you some action shots. I’ve barely visited Lancs crags (scandalous as I’m a Lancastrian by birth, as my Dad reminds me every time I see him!) but plan to change that. I’ll send a Dropbox link to that email address once I have some.  :thumbsup:

Mike that would be fantastic, thanks!
You don't know what you're missing out on, there's plenty of gems this side of the border! I like to think Lancashire sits comfortably at both ends of the quality spectrum😉

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal