UKBouldering.com

Verdon, much sooner than planned.... (Read 4577 times)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#25 Re: Verdon, much sooner than planned....
February 27, 2022, 07:54:04 am
Your mention of Ruth Jenkins made me wonder who she was, it seemed familiar (I'd forgotten I'd listened to a JCPC featuring her).

It threw up this ukc thread, which is pretty with the benefit of having lived through the last 20 years: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rock_talk/ruth_jenkins-27036

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#26 Re: Verdon, much sooner than planned....
February 27, 2022, 05:06:13 pm
Have bumped into Ruth a couple of times recently.

Still climbing and teaching/coaching a bit.

Great that her natural ability took her up some great routes back then, and that she's still loving climbing now.
I knew she'd be very good  ;D

MischaHY

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: Verdon, much sooner than planned....
February 28, 2022, 07:17:13 am

I'd love to go back to the Verdon. Surveilleur et Punir has always been one of those mythical routes that have to be climbed - among many others. Soloed Debilof - but resorted to wearing boots. I got frustrated because I'd fallen off on easy ground the day before with a bit of a cold pump, so had to go back.
First routed there was L'Ange, with Ruth Jenkins. Would like to go back to do that again, as I wasn't climbing very well on it. Things definitely felt a bit different.

Good to hear people talking about the Verdon again.

Get on it! Spring season is coming  :great:

Maddest thing about Verdon is how much hard FA potential there is. Obviously the classic vert stuff on the sunny side has been fairly explored, but the huge overhangs are barely touched in comparison despite being very featured. Take a drill  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal