the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Value Share thread

<< < (13/13)

lagerstarfish:

--- Quote from: shark on April 25, 2024, 03:57:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Will Hunt on April 25, 2024, 01:37:11 pm ---Big windfall coming for Old Oaks PLC, a charitable organisation dedicated to helping ageing Sheffield landlords enjoy the delights of continental bolt-clipping  :hug:

--- End quote ---

Not a bad thought.

Does seem like there are money spinners to be had. Identify areas where the government want to direct money. Set up a charity focussed on that area. Pitch for grants. Pay yourself a decent salary as CEO.

--- End quote ---

I know more than one "social entrepreneur" who has done this - and paid some mega pension contributions to themselves as well

It pisses me off how so many people use charities to make lots of money for themselves - I have contemplated becoming a stealth ninja charity profiteer assassin in order to encourage people to behave better, but I've seen too many Batman films to feel confident that the outcome would justify my actions

petejh:

--- Quote from: shark on April 25, 2024, 03:57:29 pm ---Does seem like there are money spinners to be had. Identify areas where the government want to direct money. Set up a charity an 'official' sporting body focussed on that area. Pitch for grants. Pay yourself a decent salary as CEO.

--- End quote ---

You're essentially describing the model of GB Climbing / a.n. other sporting governing bodies.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version