UKBouldering.com

Big Bang and long distance projecting (Read 5366 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
#25 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 09:41:17 pm
You're being deliberately obtuse Pete

petejh

• forum hero
#26 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 09:48:53 pm
Err, what?!

I 'might' be being obtuse - I had to look it up (''annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand''). If so then I promise you I'm not being 'deliberately' obtuse. What am I (supposedly deliberately) not understanding here?

abarro81

• forum hero
#27 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:10:54 pm
Basically what Stu said. Which is basically what I said. It's not disingenuous to say that people in Sheffield don't go try these things because of the faff, it's why Stu and me and Steve don't. Steve says plenty of disingenuous stuff but I don't think this is one of those things; I can assure you it's true for me; and I have no reason to disbelieve Stu. You may think that's pathetic but that's by the by, literally everything that's too much of a ballache is really "more of a ballache than the alternative that I chose instead" or whatever you phrased it as, making using that argument obtuse/redundant, I'd assumed deliberately/belligerently so since you usually seem more clever than that (take that for daming with faint praise ;) )

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#28 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:13:40 pm
 :popcorn:

Is this pay per view?

;)

petejh

• forum hero
#29 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:18:43 pm
Basically what Stu said. Which is basically what I said. It's not disingenuous to say that people in Sheffield don't go try these things because of the faff, it's why Stu and me and Steve don't. Steve says plenty of disingenuous stuff but I don't think this is one of those things; I can assure you it's true for me; and I have no reason to disbelieve Stu. You may think that's pathetic but that's by the by, literally everything that's too much of a ballache is really "more of a ballache than the alternative that I chose instead" or whatever you phrased it as, making using that argument obtuse/redundant, I'd assumed deliberately/belligerently so since you usually seem more clever than that (take that for daming with faint praise ;) )

Weird direction this has taken. Remind me again where I said your lack of affection for spending time on the M56 was pathetic? It appears a nerve has been touched among you delicate flowers.

So really it's all too hard for you then  :hug::fishing:

reeve

• obsessive maniac
#30 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:26:19 pm
I've nothing much to add other than this four year-old quote from you, Pete

Top Spankings
The drive to the Tor to try Mecca. A round trip of 4.5 to 5hrs from Llandudno each time to try a proj at my limit. What had seemed like a good idea in spring 2016 turned into a total motivation-killer by autumn of 2017. On the first drive over of last autumn I found myself at half-way just after Knutsford asking myself what the fuck I was doing this for, wasting my time on the road. I sacked it all off there and then, turned the car around and went home to have a great day in the cave! One day hopefully I'll be back, when I'm stronger and can do it more quickly - the route that is, not the drive.. In the meantime I'm picking stuff local to me for proj's at my limit.

:kiss2:

Doylo

• forum hero
#31 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:32:12 pm

Weird direction this has taken. Remind me again where I said your lack of affection for spending time on the M56 was pathetic? It appears a nerve has been touched among you delicate flowers.

So really it's all too hard for you then  :hug::fishing:

Barrows hasn’t been back to LPT since he failed to do the moves on Walking Mussel.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 10:50:50 pm by Doylo »

petejh

• forum hero
#32 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:40:43 pm
Pussy.

Top Spankings
The drive to the Tor to try Mecca. A round trip of 4.5 to 5hrs from Llandudno each time to try a proj at my limit. What had seemed like a good idea in spring 2016 turned into a total motivation-killer by autumn of 2017. On the first drive over of last autumn I found myself at half-way just after Knutsford asking myself what the fuck I was doing this for, wasting my time on the road. I sacked it all off there and then, turned the car around and went home to have a great day in the cave! One day hopefully I'll be back, when I'm stronger and can do it more quickly - the route that is, not the drive.. In the meantime I'm picking stuff local to me for proj's at my limit.

Haha! I'm not Ste Mac or it would have been a day hit (2 days for Barrows)  :shrug:
(and I gave it two years.. Not two days!)

Doylo

• forum hero
#33 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 10:54:10 pm
Pussy.

Top Spankings

In the internet age nothing is tomorrow’s chip paper .

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#34 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 11:07:06 pm
Throw his kneepads/drill into the sea, Pete/Alex.

:boxing:

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#35 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 20, 2022, 11:53:08 pm
Pussy.

Top Spankings

In the internet age nothing is tomorrow’s chip paper .

"In the internet age nothing is tomorrow’s chip paper ."

That's brilliant  :clap2:

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#36 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 25, 2022, 06:15:29 pm
Original P-Rob who knows a thing or two about climbing hard at LPT has always said its a fucking ball ache and he can see it from his house*.

And that Big Bang is an acquired taste; maybe another factor? Sure its hard, but is it good?

If you're going to climb hard though you do sometimes have to give yourself half a chance, let things line up, take the easier choice etc. Hence the justification for attending Raven Tor that I frequently wheel out; it is the closest crag with hard routes to my house.

*Read this ye pedant

Doylo

• forum hero
#37 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 25, 2022, 07:12:27 pm
Acquired taste maybe but also somewhat enforced as it’ll cut you to shreds unless you’re tiny. All the ascentionists have been able to stand on an egg without it cracking. Robins would have passed the test in 09/10 but dinner parties had resumed by the time he tried Big Bang.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#38 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 25, 2022, 07:28:49 pm
No it doesn't sound very good.

Doylo

• forum hero
#39 Re: Big Bang and long distance projecting
February 25, 2022, 07:54:34 pm
It’s great if you can stand on an egg.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal