UKBouldering.com

Crag beef (Read 1794 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Crag beef
February 19, 2022, 02:42:56 pm
If we had put on some music he liked and if he had passed the route at the time, I don't think he would have said anything…

Why can't these bell ends understand that it's not about what music is being played? The only music I like at the crag is no music at all.

This reminds me of something amusing I saw a couple of years ago. Walking into Troller's in the early morning I passed a lady doing some yoga. She was on a little island in the stream, surrounded by trees, birdsong, and running water. The ambient sound was being drowned out by her sizeable portable speaker, which was blaring a sounds of nature CD.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#1 Re: Crag beef
February 19, 2022, 03:00:29 pm
If we had put on some music he liked and if he had passed the route at the time, I don't think he would have said anything…

Why can't these bell ends understand that it's not about what music is being played? The only music I like at the crag is no music at all.

Cedric Lachat left this comment on Grimper's facebook page:

Quote from: Cederic Lachat
Il est malhonnęte cet interview. La musique n’a strictement rien ŕ voir avec moi. Ne pas mettre de la musique en falaise c’est du respect de l’environnement et des personnes.

Nous ne sommes pas dans une SAE pour une performance ou une compétition mais en nature. Cela n’a rien ŕ voir avec le conflit entre Pierre et moi

(Approximately: This interview is dishonest. The music [played] had nothing to do with me. Out of respect for the environment and for others do not play music at the crags.

We are not at a climbing wall to perform or for a competition, but in nature. This has nothing to do with the conflict between Pierre and me.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 03:08:10 pm by jwi »

abarro81

• forum hero
#2 Re: Crag beef
February 19, 2022, 08:16:51 pm
Good beef. I get the impression that maybe some of the younger scene round Nice are maybe not the most thoughtful? E.g. we had a recent experience of one of them lighting a fire at the crag where the smoke would clearly blow straight up onto people wanting to try the route above their fire pit... When it's not even cold...

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Crag beef
February 19, 2022, 08:51:37 pm
I wouldn't read too much into that. A guide with a talented group of young French climbers lit a fire in the bay just to the right of TCF at Buoux. The wood came from the nearby trees that he set them off pulling down. Nat was on RP at the time and the rope was uncomfortably close when pulled!

Wood FT

• forum hero
#4 Re: Crag beef
February 20, 2022, 08:03:18 am
Good beef. I get the impression that maybe some of the younger scene round Nice are maybe not the most thoughtful? E.g. we had a recent experience of one of them lighting a fire at the crag where the smoke would clearly blow straight up onto people wanting to try the route above their fire pit... When it's not even cold...

You can tell from their fashion choices.

Duma

• forum hero
#5 Re: Crag beef
February 20, 2022, 11:47:09 am
Lachat always seemed like a nice guy, but he's now my new hero

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Crag beef
February 20, 2022, 01:16:46 pm
Just googled this Piere lad and recognise him from our trips to gorge du loup.
Has was an amazing climber but also quite a tit with many of his actions. So much so that the other locals were often apologising on his behalf.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal