UKBouldering.com

Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering (Read 1877 times)

Stewart

• menacing presence
Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 11, 2022, 04:34:24 pm
Tales from the lonely world of bouldering in Dumfries and Galloway over the last year or so.  3% of the British mainland area, 0.00003% of the climbers. I did randomly bump into a visiting climber on at least two occasions last year so maybe this update is a bad idea and will only hasten the growth of the Jihad foothold. 
I think the guys at scottish bloc will add this to their website if they can be bothered to fix my bad choice of formatting.. in the meantime enjoy some blurry screenshots of ME and various micro crags around the region  :popcorn:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tlRlbJ_MTqVL8u7FjG8MJ_G8RY_Z4vSd/view?usp=drivesdk

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 11, 2022, 05:42:35 pm
Nice :clap2: :2thumbsup:

Keep up the great work in yer quiet little corner Stu.

Stewart

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 11, 2022, 05:56:13 pm
Cheers Rob. I wasn't quite crazy enough to attempt to write a complete guide book!  :smart:

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 11, 2022, 07:02:16 pm
Yes, that was wise

It's funny you mention low res screen grabs for pics in your wee guide as this has turned out{and seems to be an on-going long term issue with print guides} the main bulk of the work i am left with.
I am now waiting about for sunny days then rushing about the various venues to get hi res pics for maps/topo's and also trying to grab quality action shots of folks on prominent lines in the Strath, while still trying to train and send long term projects. Not enough time in the day i think.

My Advice- write a climbing guide when you have stopped climbing.

battery

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 11, 2022, 07:39:28 pm
Nice work. We've enjoyed a few trips to the area, for various reasons including it can sometimes have its own little microclimate.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#5 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 11, 2022, 08:01:34 pm
Good stuff, some proper exploring going on there!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#6 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 12, 2022, 09:28:42 am
Excellent work. I (and my kids) might have been some of the few climbers you bumped into last summer!

We will be making our usual summer trip to Kirkubright this year, so I'll definitely be checking the guide.

JJP

• addict
#7 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 12, 2022, 10:06:05 am
Great stuff.  Have really fond memories of a few sunny days at thirlstane in the early 2000`s and keep thinking need to get back there. 

andy_e

• forum hero
#8 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 12, 2022, 06:14:00 pm

I think the guys at scottish bloc will add this to their website if they can be bothered to fix my bad choice of formatting..

Aye we can be bothered, just finding the time to do so is proving slightly problematic... Great work with the update!

Stewart

• menacing presence
#9 Re: Dumfries and Galloway Bouldering
February 12, 2022, 06:45:55 pm

[/quote]

Aye we can be bothered, just finding the time to do so is proving slightly problematic... Great work with the update!
[/quote]

Sorry,  not the best choice of words.  It's me making more work for you! You've done a great job.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal