UKBouldering.com

Post illness gainz (Read 4819 times)

holdfast

#25 Re: Post illness gainz
December 16, 2021, 07:49:09 pm
Sadly, I can confirm that the post virus superstrength has now gone. The board session tonight was decent, but unfortunately no magic, just normal. Oh well....

honroid

• addict
#26 Re: Post illness gainz
December 17, 2021, 07:39:21 pm
I read this thread with interest. I just got COVID a few weeks back. Got quite Ill with it, kids at home isolating thoughout. Didn't feel ready for work after the 10 days. Dragged myself in. Been getting to bed at about 9:30 every night. Feel like I've softened, gone heavy, feel 'old' and only just feel the desire to climb again.

Had two fingerboard sessions now. Feels like stating from scratch. Gone from two one-armers pre illness to none now.

Worst bit is usually train hard all winter with a good week or so off at Christmas. I'm going to have to train this Christmas to have a hope of getting something out of the spring season.

crzylgs

• stalker
#27 Re: Post illness gainz
December 17, 2021, 09:50:36 pm
Not that I was ill, but I had my 3rd jab on Tues... Did not climb like a Superhero today.

MischaHY

• obsessive maniac
#28 Re: Post illness gainz
June 15, 2022, 11:19:25 am
I very rarely feel good after being ill, but do often have a day or two where I feel brilliant immediately before getting ill. I've always assumed this is my body ramping up to fight an infection and so being in super-charged mode, without yet having the shitness that comes from actually being ill. Those smashing something out just after a jab could be experiencing the same thing? Conversely after AZ1 I just felt like crap and lay in bed sweating for about 24 hrs.

Just experienced this again. Had a very busy couple of weeks so in theory should have been quite tired but actually felt amazing.

Last Friday/Saturday solo bouldering in a new (for me) local area. Sunday ISPO Outdoor trade show (also knackering). >6hrs sleep the last two nights due to random shit.

Monday I thought I'd be knackered but instead felt super hyped and psyched. Did a great short max hang and foot on campus session and easily managed three 10+ second BM2K middle edge hangs on my left side which has been incapable of one arm hangs due to a dodgy wrist for 6 months (until Biscuit helped me rehab it :icon_beerchug: )

The next day went to the sandstone again and did the 7C I'd been flopping off last time first go once warmed up. Realised the camera had overexposed so did it again directly. After this went over to an 8A (I've only done one 8A in my life and it was a lime trav) and not only got the moves done but even managed to make significant links.

Came home feeling amazing and super psyched on the board training paying off. This morning woke up feeling absolutely grim with fever/headache/sore throat etc.

Is this the new extreme version of peaking? Maybe in 5 years time we'll see Lattice © Viral Peak kits where you dose yourself 6 days before your proj and then send on the pre-sick day  :weakbench:

Also NNFN because a long weekend starts this evening and I was supposed to be driving to Frankenjura  :boohoo:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal