UKBouldering.com

EU exit stamps (Read 4926 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
EU exit stamps
November 16, 2021, 05:12:02 pm
If coming back from Europe make sure to check they stamp your passport on the way back...
https://www.withersworldwide.com/en-gb/insight/european-exit-stamps
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/eu-brexit-passport-stamps-schengen-b1956428.html

I saw this in the news the other day, checked ours and turns out it's happened to us coming back on the tunnel. Pretty easy to miss if it's dark and you've just driven 12hrs back to Calais, and the entry stamp is on the same page as various old stamps (not sure why they did that?)... anyway worth checking if you value getting into Europe... French consulate seem to be well aware (the lady on the phone sounded v bored and unsurprised by the predicament), will update on how to get it sorted once we've got it sorted!

Camo

• regular
#1 Re: EU exit stamps
November 16, 2021, 05:28:00 pm
Thanks for posting this, I am in the EU at the moment and this is good knowledge. Hope the consulate can sort the problem for you.

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: EU exit stamps
November 16, 2021, 07:44:07 pm
Barros - a previous company issued a working from abroad policy a few weeks ago that I initially thought was pretty tight for them but actually it was the way (I'm told) to stay the correct side of home office rules on tax. How are you guys (are you guys) managing that?

abarro81

• forum hero
#3 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 10:13:24 am
Follow up to this - French Consulate are useless. Seems like you really do just have to rock up at the border next time you enter the Schengen area with as much proof as you can muster about your return date (booking info, credit card statement to show when you started spending in UK again, day 2 test certificate, passenger locator form...) and convince the border guard to retrospectively add the correct date as an exit stamp. Oh what fun that will no doubt be. Thanks Brexiteers.  :shit:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#4 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 10:19:40 am
What an absolute ball-ache.

There are other ways round the 90 day thing for future Alex which i am sure you are aware. If you can get together 27500 euros into a bank account the process become a bit easier.

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2021/11/03/extended-euro-tour-over-90-days-in-180/?fbclid=IwAR07NBkbCydmdsxLqxxfQAwJfKEWApSYeXIfAep61V9QTiBlIF-85aQdlP8

Also for Spain you can apply for the Non-Lucrative Residence visa, which is what the cash amount above is for.

abarro81

• forum hero
#5 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 10:39:57 am
Good knowledge. Hadn't clocked that...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#6 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 10:43:15 am
Good knowledge. Hadn't clocked that...

First link probably would work fine as crossing the border to Spain from France is rarely manned. If stopped in Spain by police they can't prove how long you have been there, and to be fair aren't interested in the slightest from what i have heard.

J_duds

• menacing presence
#7 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 10:56:52 am
You'd think they would use a digital system to record entry and exit, not stamps, it's a poor system. I've just checked our passports and we got an incorrect stamp going into France (12th and should have been 2nd), luckily we stayed for longer than 10 days. Does that mean we gain 10 days.. if only my work would let me work from anywhere.

Will this change again when the EU entry visas come in later in 2022?
https://www.etiasvisa.com/

abarro81

• forum hero
#8 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 11:11:08 am
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I read that they don't have a database that records this stuff, I'd always assumed the stamps were "for your reference" but the main system was updated by scanning your passport.

I think the ETIAS thing will replace stamps... but maybe also lead to enormous queues. Trading one joy for another  :lol: :'(

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#9 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 11:14:34 am
Bet they aren’t so lapse on the way ‘in’ to the EU!

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#10 Re: EU exit stamps
November 19, 2021, 07:45:59 pm
You'd think they would use a digital system to record entry and exit, not stamps, it's a poor system.

The digital system was supposed to be in place from Jan 1 2022, but now it has apparently been postponed to end of 2022. Member states and Brussels have been busy with other shit.

Camo

• regular
#11 Re: EU exit stamps
November 28, 2021, 06:09:49 am
Thought I would add my experience as an update. Left the EU via the Calais ferry this morning. At passport control the guy checked our passports and handed them back without stamping them. I gave them back and asked for them to be stamped, which he did no questions asked. Seems like it is still a problem. Big thanks abarro81 for the heads up.

BenF

• forum hero
#12 Re: EU exit stamps
November 28, 2021, 06:29:32 pm
We came back on the channel tunnel a few weeks ago, before hearing about this lack of exit stamp issue. It was about 6am and there were no staff manning the french border post, we just drove through.
So we have no exit stamps and have put together a file of evidence, should we wish to return before our 180 days is reset. What a ballache, but thanks Alex for the heads up and suggestions for evidence. We have our tickets, passenger locator forms and day 2 test results. Hopefully enough to show we actually left France...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#13 Re: EU exit stamps
December 14, 2021, 11:52:12 am
Just seen this which may be of use to the likes of Barrows. (Ive always seen you as a digital nomad)  :lol:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/spain-to-introduce-digital-nomad-visa/?fbclid=IwAR0BVC7jzMBTGtwa0nsXA1PUKYd6F1wG8KVU3MGG3sQ0vj_7MlAOCZoJ-18

abarro81

• forum hero
#14 Re: EU exit stamps
December 14, 2021, 02:57:57 pm
Good knowledge

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#15 Re: EU exit stamps
January 09, 2022, 10:18:47 am
Got back yesterday from a few days in Spain and was careful to ensure that they stamped my passport both ways. However, we noticed that on the way out on 3rd January, the stamp reads 03.01.2021; basically they forgot to roll the year forward to 2022 on New years day. On the way back yesterday the stamp correctly read 08.01.22. As a result according to the stamps it looks like we spent over a year in Spain when it was actually 5 days. Is this likely to be a ballache or should I commit to a load of admin trying to get it sorted?! Passports were electronically scanned as well so hopefully there is some sort of record.

Mike Highbury

• addict
#16 Re: EU exit stamps
January 09, 2022, 11:07:51 am
Got back yesterday from a few days in Spain and was careful to ensure that they stamped my passport both ways. ....

Whenever I glance at this thread I think, shall I adopt these people so that they can have an EU passport?

NB Genesis 17:12 will apply without exception.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#17 Re: EU exit stamps
January 09, 2022, 11:15:58 am

NB Genesis 17:12 will apply without exception....so that they can have an EU passport

.....Deal!  :lol:

petejh

• forum hero
#18 Re: EU exit stamps
January 09, 2022, 03:56:19 pm
There’s no digital record of entry/exit according to various sources, hence the dated ‘exit stamp’ malarkey.
Don’t know if your stamp typo will cause grief down the road - various sources of info recommend having proof of being in the UK during periods that may be questioned. So a bank statement showing purchases in UK for e.g.

I also returned from Spain today, via driving through France. Supposed to fill out a ‘transit through France form’ to be ‘allowed to leave’. 😆
I filled it in ready but unsurprisingly the border control didn’t ask for it when I left Dieppe. Got the exit stamp.

Reading up, the EU are introducing a long awaited digital EES (entry/exit system) during the first half of this year. This will eliminate the antiquated stamp system and replace with biometric scan of your face/fingerprints on entry and exit.

In the second half of this year a pre-authorisation system for non-EU persons is to be rolled out - ETIAS. Travellers flagged up by the algorithm may be denied an entry visa prior to travelling.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:01:27 pm by petejh »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#19 Re: EU exit stamps
January 26, 2022, 03:12:24 pm
In the meantime, it would be daft to lose your passport if it had just been stamped, or accidentally put it through the wash and need to renew it..

While waiting in the passport queue at Schiphol, some English guy was ranting about waiting  while the automated EU system stood empty. The line attendant he was ranting to just gave a Gallic shrug and turned away, looking faintly amused.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#20 Re: EU exit stamps
January 26, 2022, 03:49:31 pm
In the meantime, it would be daft to lose your passport if it had just been stamped, or accidentally put it through the wash and need to renew it..

While waiting in the passport queue at Schiphol, some English guy was ranting about waiting  while the automated EU system stood empty. The line attendant he was ranting to just gave a Gallic shrug and turned away, looking faintly amused.

Or even just, you know...the page with the stamp on?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#21 Re: EU exit stamps
January 26, 2022, 03:59:26 pm
well each page is numbered, some officers might check..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal